PDA

View Full Version : Jumper Barn in Capital Region, NY

GeorgiePorgie
Feb. 27, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hey everyone! I just moved to the Albany area and am looking for a barn to start riding again. I'm looking for a place with a trainer that has a lot of knowledge and is going to actually teach me how to ride. If anyone has any recommendations in the Albany or surrounding areas please let me know! Thanks!

Behind the 8 Ball
Feb. 27, 2012, 08:48 PM
Try Schauber stables
www.schauberstables.com

They are in Balston Lake, not too far from Albany

EmmyTheHemi
Feb. 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the Capital Region! Where are you working/living?

There is Dutch Manor in Guilderland. http://www.dutchmanorstable.com/

If you're north of the Twin Bridges, try Quiet Run in Middle Grove (n/w of Saratoga Springs). 518-583-0337

Other h/j places depending on location/goals....

Or if you want to come taste the dark side, I know eventing barns, too... Even dressage. :winkgrin:

ShowJumper2012
Feb. 27, 2012, 11:57 PM
Within the Capital District; There's one stall available here, maybe two. Great facility, training programs for jumpers, clinics and year round show schedule. http://www.GenesisTrainingStables.com. Lots to look at on the website- pics and videos are really good!

Linny
Feb. 28, 2012, 08:59 AM
If you are interested in jumpers specifically, contact Jumphigh83 here on this board. She is in Rensselaer County about 15 minutes from downtown Albany.

SunkenMeadow
Feb. 28, 2012, 09:10 AM
There is also Glenview Stables in Saugerties

iluvponies
Feb. 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
All I have to say is good luck!!

boosma47
Feb. 28, 2012, 04:41 PM
In addition to JumpHigh, there is Leann Kelly (Winslow Farm LLC) in Valatie, near Chatham. Superb professional and rider, as knowledgeable as the best. Can't recommend her highly enough.

Bo Bo
Mar. 1, 2012, 02:50 PM
Travel out of the area to ride! Avoid the area if at all possible, the drama is crazy even for horse people!

boosma47
Mar. 1, 2012, 04:58 PM
Travel out of the area to ride! Avoid the area if at all possible, the drama is crazy even for horse people!

Ain't that the truth! That's why there is so little to choose from, but there are some choices.

GeorgiePorgie
Mar. 1, 2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I actually grew up riding in Albany so there are a few barns I already know to stay away from! Was hoping to get new insight on different trainers. I'm a little picky, to say the least :)