PDA

View Full Version : small farm/barn in Anne Arundel County, MD?

bear necessities
Feb. 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
This might be a long shot...however, you never know! A group of 2 amateur riders, and 2 juniors plus our professional are looking for a small barn or farm in AACO. Anywhere from 4-6 stalls, we've been searching high and low with little luck. We are happy to lease an empty property with some field space and arena, or some area to ride in as we want to do a co-op situation.
OR we would be willing to join in a smaller, maybe family owned type of facility to do self-care as long as trainer could come out to work with us.
Unconvential ideas ok :) (cows in the next field? old llama farm? We'll check anything out!)

Any leads would be appreciated..feel free to message me! TIA!

jump_on_in
Feb. 27, 2012, 05:38 PM
There is a farm that is/was a co-op off of Wroxeter Rd in Arnold. I haven't been there in a few years, but they had a small barn and plenty of fields. Last I heard (maybe 6 months ago) they had some vacancies. The Equiery lists the barn as Rugby Hall Farm but I'm 90% sure that the number listed with it is for someone that is no longer affiliated with the property. Anyways, I know that's not much to go on but that's the first place that came to mind!

Good luck in your search!!

LeandraB
Feb. 27, 2012, 06:30 PM
PM me!

bear necessities
Feb. 27, 2012, 09:40 PM
There is a farm that is/was a co-op off of Wroxeter Rd in Arnold. I haven't been there in a few years, but they had a small barn and plenty of fields. Last I heard (maybe 6 months ago) they had some vacancies. The Equiery lists the barn as Rugby Hall Farm but I'm 90% sure that the number listed with it is for someone that is no longer affiliated with the property. Anyways, I know that's not much to go on but that's the first place that came to mind!

Good luck in your search!!

Thank you! We'll look into it!!

serendipityhunter
Feb. 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
I thought I saw an ad on the bulletin board at bowens for a barn/stalls for rent. Bowens is the farm supply store on Riva rd.

bear necessities
Feb. 27, 2012, 10:36 PM
I thought I saw an ad on the bulletin board at bowens for a barn/stalls for rent. Bowens is the farm supply store on Riva rd.

Thank you! We know where that is, we'll check it out!

bear necessities
Feb. 29, 2012, 01:42 AM
LeandraB I sent you a PM :)

Katharine
Mar. 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
I am moving to Maryland with my two OTTBs: one is a hunter; one semi retired. Any good recommendations for a hunter barn with showing in Anne Arundel county that is good with young TBs. I appreciate any guidance. Many thanks, Katharine