PDA

View Full Version : Olympics qualifying events on West Coast?

Whistler
Feb. 27, 2012, 01:51 PM
A friend of mine went down to the LA Equestrian center last weekend and saw the qualifier for the Olympic dressage which she said was amazing. Does anyone know if there will be any west coast qualifying events for Show Jumping or 3 day? I have checked the USET website and find nothing there there that lists when events are other than at the headquarters. Also LAEC had nothing on it's events list (even the dressage my friend watched)...maybe there's nothing else but my S.O. and I would love to spectate close to home if possible!

If anyone knows of other big events that are fun for spectating in CA let me know! We drive up to Nor Cal quite a bit and have enjoyed some of the A shows at the Sonoma Horse Park.

STA
Feb. 27, 2012, 06:36 PM
The Foxfield Jumping Derby is a great event and different from most Grand Prix events. They use both the ring and the outside course during the class. I believe it is held in the Fall but you can contact them for the actual dates.

Whistler
Feb. 27, 2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks STA! This one looks like a blast and fairly close to home! I think my trainer rode in that years ago. Just checked the website and the dates are the same as my wedding date - oh well! Next year.

STA
Feb. 27, 2012, 07:46 PM
Best wishes for your marriage. Now you will have a destination wedding anniversary location from 2013 on - ALL THE BEST to you and your future husband (or wife - I can't tell which from your post lol)

Whistler
Feb. 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thanks! Now if I can just get him to consider an Irish trekking on horseback honeymoon ;)