PDA

View Full Version : PSA:Check WHERE for garden stuff???

carolprudm
Feb. 27, 2012, 09:36 AM
Amazon!

I needed 2 new garden sprayers, one reserved for weed killer, since I ahve terrile luck with the cheap RTU sprayers from Lowe's. I found the Chapin sprayer I wanted from one supplier for $60....it was $45 on Amazon, with free shipping

goodhors
Mar. 2, 2012, 01:15 AM
Not sure what you want in a sprayer. How much capacity do you need? Do you want to carry it or would rolling it be a good option? I spray my fencelines, so I need a fair amount of weed killer in there to get very far in applying it.

I picked up a LOVELY sprayer last year at TSC on sale in the Fall, holds bout 6 gallons, and has an electric motor to provide the power. Motor is rechargable. I refuse to try any of the pressure sprayers again, spent all my time trying to keep them pumped up and not just drizzling out.

My sprayer has a heavy coiled hose, nice push handle to get the spray going, motor lasts for hours of work on one charge. No little hoses and toy nozzles, this is pretty good quality rubber with metal nozzle that hasn't gotten clogged. My time with sprayer is spent filling it and spraying. No tinkering to keep it going like the very cheap ones require. Mine can be a bit awkward walking it over rough ground when full, but smaller size allows me to get in places a larger sprayer or one mounted on a vehicle would not.

TSC probably will have similar sprayers out for Spring sales pretty quick. Here is the one I got:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/countyline-reg-spot-sprayer-5-gal--1013081

Here is their first sprayer page, with more sprayers on the next page:

http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/search?w=sprayer&searchButton.x=51&searchButton.y=16

I saw some nice electric sprayers at my local True Value Hardware store last year, smaller models. You could check with them.

I LIKE the electric motor to power the sprayer, saves a LOT on your hands and keeps the spray even, with no worries about pressure like the pump up types. I got rid of all my pump up sprayers for farm work. Too time consuming, with all the work involved.

carolprudm
Mar. 2, 2012, 08:55 AM
The small hand pump versions fit my needs

wigo
Mar. 2, 2012, 09:13 AM
yes, small pump is enough..

tangledweb
Mar. 2, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm scared by how much I buy from Amazon.

I did not feel that weird buying a weed sprayer there, which by coincidence is also a Chapin one, but a few weeks ago I bought a black iron plumbing pipe part from Amazon after driving around the local stores and not getting one. That I thought was an odd thing for an online store to do a better job than local ones.

I buy a lot of smaller farm/garden stuff there now, as it is the easiest way to find something that is not made in China. Both my previous handheld sprayer and my tow behind the tractor one leave me drenched in herbicide from poor quality leaky fittings so it is well worth it to me to pay a bit more.

This season I need a 50 or so gallon 3 point hitch mounted one to replace the leaky TSC one. Sadly Amazon don't do a lot of that, so I'll probably have to drive around.