PDA

View Full Version : Need an OTTB trainer challenge for jumper trainers!

dogbluehorse
Feb. 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
I just read this article about the trainer challenge (for event trainers) where they took 6 weeks to see how they could bring along OTTBs. Really great idea, wish they would do this with jumper trainers too! George Morris is always talking about they need more TBs in jumpers, would be interesting to see if he would do it!
http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/they-all-won-retired-racehorse-training-project-trainer-challenge-final

Crown Royal
Feb. 26, 2012, 09:26 PM
It was not limited to event trainers I don't think. Two happened to be event trainers, but Tiffany does a lot of hunters. They are hoping to do more of these, but offering them to amateurs as well.

Linny
Feb. 26, 2012, 11:03 PM
It's not easy to find hunter trainers that don't think TB's are insane!!! Eric is an eventer but even he admitted that Brizil was probably very suited to hunters and watching Solidify come off the ground, I have no doubt that he'd make a nice jumper. Since the TB is still predominant in eventing and eventing is strong in the mid Atlantic (home base of the Project) it made sense that event trainers would probably be involved.

It looks liek they have more planned, including some ammys! Pick Me!! Pick Me!!!!