PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find sheepskin with velcro for cheekpieces on the bridle

Linda
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
I started using a 3 ring bit with a figure 8 noseband on my horse and am finding it causes some rubs on the side of his face. (he is thin skinned). I have an old funky piece of sheepskin (about 15yrs old) with velcro that I used for a similar problem on a different horse years ago and that is working for the moment. But Id sure like to find one that doesnt look so scruffy and which has newer (better) velcro. I just cant seem to find anything to replace it. I see this arrangement on some of the upper level jumpers wearing similar bridles so it has to be out there. Ideas anyone?

reay6790
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
I would try a shipping halter fleece pieces.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/dover%27s-genuine-sheepskin-halter-fleeces/p/X1-1686/?ids=a5ne3nislgs1d0jsx5rh2y45

Linda
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:41 PM
Wow thats a lot of sheepskin - but Im sure my horse will enjoy having the rest of it on his halter! Thanks for the input

FLeventer
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
Ebay has a seller that sells sheepskin pieces for dead cheap. They are high quality and come in lots of styles and colors.

PonyPenny
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:47 PM
How competent are you with sewing? you could probably make what you want pretty cheap. Any fabric store like JoAnns would have what you need.

AdrenalineJunky
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
I also just used those sheepskin Velcro shipping halter pieces, you can always shave the sheepskin down a bit if it's too puffy

GingerJumper
Feb. 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
Shipping halter pieces :) Picked up some really cheaply this weekend for a shadow roll...

LulaBell
Feb. 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
Halter fuzzies would certainly be the easiest. Feel more than free to grab a pair of scissors and go to town trimming the fuzz down. I usually hack away at anything fuzz-lined to make it less intense. Subtle sheepskin is one thing, a sheep attached to your horse's leg (or face in your case) is not a good look.