PDA

View Full Version : Thermal - spectating at Sat-evening Grands Prix

Peggy
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:50 AM
A group of us was thinking about heading out to Thermal next Saturday for an afternoon of spectating and shopping, ending with the World Cup qualifier that's in the temporary indoor/covered ring.

Do you need tickets? Is it hard to get in (limited seating)? I just looked at a photo of tonight's online and it looked like there was an area with tables and then a fairly crowded smallish grandstand at one end?

I checked out the HITS spectator link which was fairly useless for this purpose.

sp56
Feb. 27, 2012, 12:02 AM
The stands were pretty packed last night but it was fun. Only 16 went, 4 in the jump off. I'd come early if you want to get a good seat in the stands. I don't believe there was an entrance fee - I just walked in. I think they finally figured out that you make more money off concessions than entrance fees! ;)

Peggy
Feb. 27, 2012, 12:18 AM
Thanks. Yes, the notice I posted on the barn board said something to the effect: "watch show, shop, eat overpriced food..."

sp56
Feb. 27, 2012, 01:40 AM
I have to say though the food at the food stand is SO GOOD. Makes you feel a little less guilty about spending $6 for a breakfast sandwich.

The vendors have a lot of stuff too. I get to go look for a new martingale on Monday because my mare decided to turn hers into a chew toy. :mad: