PDA

View Full Version : Bridle Replacement Parts

LastCall9
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
My new Antares bridle is missing a cheek piece!!

Unfortunately I don't know whether the bridle ever had the piece or whether I managed to lose it between the tack shop, my house, the farm to try it on my horse (once), and back to my house. It was bought last summer but never used.

Long story short is that when I checked with my local tack shop about getting a replacement piece they informed me that one new Antares cheek piece costs over $200!!

Anybody have any experience with replacing high end bridle parts or having pieces made to adequately replicate missing/broken pieces?

eventingismylife
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:40 AM
You can look at BoB- they have replacement parts in almost every size, color, and hardware type/color.

BAC
Feb. 26, 2012, 09:34 AM
I can tell you from experience that no bridle leather is comparable to Antares and will not match, I would contact Brad at Antares customer service and see what he can do. Hopefully he can find you a cheek piece for less than $200. You might check with Smartpak, who also sells Antares bridles, and see if they can help.

Much as I like BOB, nothing they sell will compare with the Antares leather, it is just very special and unlike any of my other high end bridles. Maybe Herve Goudinon or Dyon might be close, but just as expensive as Antares,

HackPrize
Feb. 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
Www.justbridles.com sells parts to all of their bridles...not sure if they carry antares but worth looking

BAC
Feb. 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
Justbridles.com does not sell Antares, with the exception of Smartpak they sell to very few tack shops, mostly it is sold through Antares directly.

LastCall9
Feb. 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like my $500+ bridle is about to become a $700+ bridle.

I just can't see how one 8 inch piece of leather with a buckle on the end can cost more than a pair of their boots...

http://www.SmartPakEquine.com/antares-ankle-boots-4720p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

BAC
Feb. 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
An Antares standing martingale is $200 so I find it very unlikely they would want that much just for a cheek piece, although they don't generally sell individual bridle parts. Call or email Brad van Kirk at Antares, he is wonderful.

Too bad I just sold my Antares bridle, you could have had the entire bridle for "parts." Check ebay, theoutsidecourse. and other places that sell used tack, also try premiertackoutlet.com, Rebecca at PTO could probably help you with matching. You might as well try and find a used bridle in that price range instead of paying $200 just for a cheek piece.

I still think Brad is your best bet.