PDA

View Full Version : Genesis System on M Toulouse saddles??

TheJenners
Feb. 25, 2012, 03:08 PM
I've been halfheartedly looking at saddles, because the more I look at my 3 yo, the more I realize my current saddle won't fit him. At least, not for another three or four years....

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg and was looking and reading about the adjustable tree system M Toulouse has.... Anyone have one or know anyone who does and whether or not he/she likes it? Or experience with the saddles themselves?

Hunter Mom
Feb. 25, 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm not much help on the adjustable tree, but one of our riders just got one and likes it so far. Hers does have the tree system (her junior hunter is for sale so she wanted something that will hopefully fit her next horse) and she loves the saddle. Very comfortable, well balanced, etc.

JumperTurns
Feb. 25, 2012, 11:19 PM
I have a Toulouse Legano with Genesis, and I love, love, love the Genesis system. I've dealt with the other kinds where you take the gullet out and replace it with the size you want, and those are a pain in the ***, especially if you're changing more than one size up or down. While I don't have a growing horse, I needed a tree that could adjust to him to exactly what he needs, not "oh, he needs a regular tree". I highly recommend these saddles/trees.

TheJenners
Feb. 26, 2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks! :)

WNT
Feb. 26, 2012, 10:20 AM
I like the Toulouse Genesis system, I think it a much smarter setup than the interchangeable gullets. However, look at the saddles in person as they have an unfortunate possibility of an asymmetrical tree. Most of them are perfectly fine, but every so often there is one bad apple that slips through quality control.

TheJenners
Feb. 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
Well, hmmm....eliminates eBay then, since there is not much of a chance of returning.

TheJenners
Feb. 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
WNT, I'm curious, how do you tell if the tree is wonky without getting a saddle fitter to look at it?