PDA

View Full Version : Size 18 TS Breeches?

sschuessler
Feb. 25, 2012, 12:01 AM
I just went to a local tack swap/sale and picked up 2 brand new pairs of TS breeches for (wait for it... don't pass out like I almost did) $5 a piece!!! However, the are a size 18. I don't think they are girls sizing as they fit me a bit tight, but fit and I am no where near girls sizing. For a reference, I comfortably wear a 30L in devon aire or a 30L in Ariats. Any idea where this sizing came from? I can't believe they are a 26" waist like it says on the girls size chart and still kinda fit me....

Hunter Mom
Feb. 25, 2012, 10:02 AM
Who cares what size they really are for that price? If they fit, they fit!

Ainsley688
Feb. 25, 2012, 05:04 PM
That's probably why they were on sale... some weird size misprint. I am very jealous! I love new breeches, especially nice ones on sale!

jrzeqrider
Feb. 25, 2012, 05:10 PM
I used to buy size 18 TS (full price!). They're girls sizes.. They fit me like 26s in the waist, they were just shorter in the leg. Which didn't really matter in tall boots. Congrats on an awesome deal!! :) They may be a different style that what you usually wear, I know some cuts I wear 26s and others 28s.

justblu
Feb. 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Yup, they are girls size. I wear either the 18's or womens 26's. The biggest difference is the length. I am really short so I prefer the kids size.

TB7
Feb. 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
Wow, have to keep that in mind! I'm a 26 in TS too - though that's some weird Ariat sizing for you. Ariat normally sizes their breeches WAY big - I'm always a good size or 2 smaller in Ariat than other brands. Right now I'm a 24 in Ariat - but I'm also pretty short.

Since children's stuff is always cheaper, it's worth it if you can still fit in them! Got a great deal on a show shirt and realized it was so much cheaper because it was a Girl's size.

Awesome find!

sschuessler
Feb. 26, 2012, 08:44 PM
Wow. That is super surprising that they are kid's sizes! I am mno where near kids sizing (5'7" and 140lbs.... so not a small person) They are short/don't velcro around my calf but I didn't really care because they would be under my boot anyway. I guess my other breeches are just really big on me and I never knew it. Huh. Well, for $5 per pair, I will take it!