PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else in Ocala?

CruisingforGold
Feb. 24, 2012, 06:45 PM
I am having a delightful time here at the HITS shows - this week is just lessons and ticketed schooling but it is wonderful. The weather is fine, my horse is behaving and I am having a great time just hanging out. Would love to catch up with anyone else at the shows and hear how everyone is doing.

PS - it seems like an awful lot of the TB farms are for sale. Seems like the TB industry is hit hard by the recession?

RyuEquestrian
Feb. 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
We've been showing at HITS Ocala for the last 6+ years and actually moved from NY to Florida because we enjoyed it so much.

Since our horses are relatively young we tend to show every other week and give them a week off in between. What rings are you showing in, perhaps we will cross paths, I love putting faces to COTH names!

Punkie
Feb. 25, 2012, 05:45 PM
Yep! Much like MCarverS, I liked it down here so much that I bought a farm and moved permanently! This week was an off week for me (just some schooling), but I'm showing all next week. I also have another COTHer staying with me for a few weeks, so there's a few of us here at least :)

RyuEquestrian
Feb. 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
Yep! Much like MCarverS, I liked it down here so much that I bought a farm and moved permanently! This week was an off week for me (just some schooling), but I'm showing all next week. I also have another COTHer staying with me for a few weeks, so there's a few of us here at least :)

We'll be there next week (Wednesday-Friday), what rings are you showing in?

Punkie
Feb. 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
We'll be there next week (Wednesday-Friday), what rings are you showing in?

We're doing the Hi-Los Tuesday and possibly Thursday (main hunter) and the 18-35's (Adults) in hunter 3 :) What about you?

CruisingforGold
Feb. 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
We just schooled this week but I will probably be doing the lowest of the hunter divisions as my horse is really green. Would love to meet both of you:) My horse's name is the same as my bulletin boad name.

Punkie
Feb. 25, 2012, 10:31 PM
Perhaps we should pick a night and do a COTH dinner? I'd love to get to meet some other COTHers!

CruisingforGold
Feb. 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
Advertising, yep- I am sure she didn't mean it though! But thanks for the reminder! Feel free to PM me anyone who is in Ocala - I would love to meet up for dinner. Cheers!

RyuEquestrian
Feb. 26, 2012, 07:19 PM
Whoops, sorry guys, I'll delete the post!

We'll be in Jumper ring 1 in the 1.15-1.20m with our mare Ahsianita.

maxxtrot
Feb. 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
i live here full time too. just 7 miles to the showgrounds.

Crazy-Pony
Feb. 26, 2012, 07:27 PM
No, but I wish I was!! Is it nice and warm down there?

Punkie
Feb. 26, 2012, 09:40 PM
i live here full time too. just 7 miles to the showgrounds.

Hey, I'm 7 miles from the show grounds too, but I'm technically in Williston :)

runninhigh
Feb. 29, 2012, 10:42 AM
Were heading there this week, very excited to go. Our trainer has been here before but this is a new show for me and my daughter, any tips for a newbee?

Summit Springs Farm
Feb. 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
I'm here too, tent 10' summit springs farm,next to Rafter 7,
if anyone wants to stop by and say hi, we are doing performance hunters in ring 3 and pregreen, low, in ring 2&3.

Herbie19
Feb. 29, 2012, 04:32 PM
Were heading there this week, very excited to go. Our trainer has been here before but this is a new show for me and my daughter, any tips for a newbee?

Yes, bring a parka and a bathing suit. And be prepared to wear them both on the same day! :) Good luck and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

Darden
Feb. 29, 2012, 05:03 PM
Here for the first time as well!! I'm in Adult Boot Camp and hope to show in the adults this weekend - modifieds on Friday and middles on the weekend (fingers crossed).

maxxtrot
Feb. 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
punkie- i'm in williston too.

Punkie
Mar. 1, 2012, 01:03 AM
punkie- i'm in williston too.

It appears that we're just across 27 from one another according to your website :) I'm just off of 322, closer to 41 than to 160th, nestled in the woods. If you drove by, you'd have absolutely no idea my place was back there...save the slew of construction trucks that come in and out all day, every day! I can't wait for this place to be *DONE*!

maxxtrot
Mar. 1, 2012, 06:41 AM
so you are off 326 down towards 41. cool.

Punkie
Mar. 1, 2012, 01:52 PM
so you are off 326 down towards 41. cool.

One county road north...I wish I were off of 326! I like going the back way to the horse show much better than taking 27 even though 27 is way closer for me.

myalter1
Mar. 1, 2012, 03:12 PM
For those of you that moved down permanently, are you in the horse business? Or do you have other jobs? DH and i were thinking of moving south (his parents just moved to FL and my mother is planning to), but we are not in the horse business. Are there jobs?

minnie
Mar. 2, 2012, 12:29 PM
So, has anyone succeeded in getting together?

RyuEquestrian
Mar. 2, 2012, 01:13 PM
For all of you that will be in Ocala Tuesday March 13th, we (Sakura Hill Farm LLC.) are co-hosting a Young Horse Show Series Qualifier with Cav-i Farm and would love to have spectators. There will be a pre-show get together the night before at Cav-i Farm (on route 27 5 minutes down the road from HITS).

Come and see Yearlings-Five year old Jumpers, Hunters, Dressage horses and eventers ridden, at liberty and through the jump chute!

More information can be found: http://www.younghorseshow.com/ocala-fl.html

Or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/385356168158281/