PDA

View Full Version : Another GPA question:) Speed Air vs First Lady fit/sizing?

Gil's Girl
Feb. 23, 2012, 12:27 PM
Yes, I am STILL looking for the perfect fitting helmet. It goes on and on. I tried on a Speed Air recently, and it felt a bit too set up on top of my head, but otherwise very comfortable. It was a 7 1/8, but was a bit too tight for me to fit all my hair up in it.

What I really want is a First Lady, but have no chance to try one on - has anyone tried both of them on - are they the same helmet inside, or do they fit/run differently? Same shape?

Thanks in advance!

eclipse
Feb. 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
I have only tried the Speed Air! After having one of the orginal GPA's when I was in the market for a new helmet I really wanted another GPA. Sigh......found out they only do oval head shapes now and I have a round head! I'm assuming the Lady is also an oval (although I'm not a fan of the way the helmet looks anyway)!

Gil's Girl
Feb. 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
I know it's a bit....different:) But I'm very taken with the larger brim - I'm thinking no more freckle moustaches in summer. Also I think it will make me ride like Penelope Leprevost if I have one. For it's price, it had better.

I'm actually glad about the new shapes - my head IS more oval, and my current (old) Titium is about 2 szs too large on the sides just to fit my forehead correctly. It's ridiculous!

lucyeq
Mar. 6, 2012, 04:18 PM
Reviving this because I'm curious, too.

WARDen
Mar. 7, 2012, 04:04 PM
The First lady didnt look right on me. The overside bill looked hilarious for some reason, but I DO love my Speed Air!

Gil's Girl
May. 3, 2012, 11:10 PM
I'm bumping this up again bc I am REALLY hoping there's some tack/helmet junkies out there who know the answer to my question - I'm dying to buy a helmet that's a really good price right now, but need to know how it fits first, since it's non returnable - so any feedback would be brilliant!