PDA

View Full Version : Fashion question - corduroy pants

Ridinwyoming
Feb. 2, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm just curious. Are corduroy pants in or out of fashion?

I'm 50+ and really don't care what others think of how I dress but I do enjoy wearing corduroy pants in the winter since they are warmer than regular slacks. But I'm the only person in our office that wears them. Plus I don't seem to be able to find much available in our local department stores.

Should I take the hint and stop wearing my corduorys? :lol:

luvmytbs
Feb. 2, 2012, 04:05 PM
I believe they came back into fashion a few years ago.
I love them, they are soft and stretchy and don't keep me from stuffing my face to the point that the button on a pair of jeans would pop.:D

Have you ckecked Kohl's?

FlightCheck
Feb. 2, 2012, 04:08 PM
or check JCPenneys; I have 4 pair from their "Ana" line of clothing.

Crown Royal
Feb. 2, 2012, 04:16 PM
I don't think they're out of fashion...my boyfriend may think so, but I think they're cute! (I'm a young adult). I recently bought a really cute pair of cream colored skinny-style corduroy pants from Victoria's Secret and adore them. So soft and comfortable!

This is the pair I have:
Skinny style (http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265700130848&c=Page&cid=1265705392561&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true)

And they also have them in the more traditional style:
Flare style (http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265700642778&c=Page&cid=1265705392561&pagename=vsdWrapper&search=true)

Natalie A
Feb. 2, 2012, 04:55 PM
I don't think they're out of fashion. And even if they technically are, I don't care! They're comfy and work-appropriate which is exactly what I want.

And I love J Crew cords. Have both skinny and bootcut and they're great. Also have a few Brooks Brothers hand-me-downs from my mom which I like, too, and are a bit more tailored for the office.

Giddy-up
Feb. 2, 2012, 04:57 PM
I got a brown pair that is boot cut from Victoria's Secret a few years ago. I wait til about late Oct to start wearing them. Not sure who long you can wear them...after March I seem to put them away.

shiningwizard255
Feb. 2, 2012, 05:05 PM
I don't know how fashion-forward Lands' End is (cause I am not fashion-forward at all!), but I remember seeing that they have cords in their stores this season. So...maybe? :lol:

SmartAlex
Feb. 2, 2012, 05:14 PM
They must be out of fashion, but heck, I have half a dozen boot cut pairs from Eddie Bauer I collected over the last couple of years, and I'm NOT giving them up yet! Just checked their site, and they don't sell them anymore :( There's a pretty good selection on Ebay still. Maybe you can find some there.

Burbank
Feb. 2, 2012, 05:14 PM
I have a brown pair and a navy pair and love them in winter

Simkie
Feb. 2, 2012, 05:18 PM
They must be out of fashion, but heck, I have half a dozen boot cut pairs from Eddie Bauer I collected over the last couple of years, and I'm NOT giving them up yet! Just checked their site, and they don't sell them anymore :( There's a pretty good selection on Ebay still. Maybe you can find some there.

I'm wearing a pair of these today! Maybe they'll be back on the site next winter?

Jumpthemoon16
Feb. 2, 2012, 05:34 PM
They're pretty much out... but if you like it... go for it...?

And Land's End isn't what most people consider fashion-forward :P

Foxtrot's
Feb. 2, 2012, 06:03 PM
Love them on men - makes them look so sporty and 'county' and cuddly.

Mtn trails
Feb. 2, 2012, 06:20 PM
I'm wearing a pair right now, in gray with a winter white sweater - still looks nice. I also have a pair of pinwale cords in dark green that I just picked up at Salvation Army, they look brand new and I get compliments on them so must still be in style. I'm also 50+ and don't give a rat's patootie what people think of how I'm dressed.

Florida Gator
Feb. 2, 2012, 06:25 PM
I've got a grey pair from GAP that I bought last season and JCrew was selling them again this season, so I wouldn't say they are out of style. My mom is 50+ and she wears the bootcut version from JCrew

Mukluk
Feb. 3, 2012, 03:04 AM
I love my cords in the winter. I think they are classic.

belleellis
Feb. 3, 2012, 08:13 AM
I wore mine yesterday. I LOVE THEM. So warm and soft. Plus they make that sound when I walk. LOL.

Canaqua
Feb. 3, 2012, 08:38 AM
I wear them, so if you are out of fashion, so am I! I work in IT and we can wear relatively casual clothes to work as long as they aren't jeans, sneakers or t-shirts. I wear dresses in the summer, but it's too cold here in the winter. My solution is to wear thin wale cords in the winter that are cut like jeans, in colors that are not denim like...meets the dress code, but are comfortable and warm.

Foxtrot's
Feb. 3, 2012, 06:01 PM
Corduroy is so nice to sit in -- I have a sofa in dark green cord... nice.

red mares
Feb. 3, 2012, 06:09 PM
How could they be out of style - 83 year old little Dad lives in them this time of year.

atr
Feb. 3, 2012, 06:23 PM
J.Crew had a huge display of them when I was in there the other day.

Gray Horse H/J
Feb. 3, 2012, 07:30 PM
Definitely not out of style, at least IMO. I have a pair of dark gray boot cut cords from Gap that I love, and a pair of gray skinny cords from Old Navy. Cords are great to wear to work because I have a hard time finding dress pants I love. We have a business casual dress code, so I can do cords and khakis. Love it!