PDA

View Full Version : That pony pic on Facebook ...

KateWooten
Feb. 1, 2012, 09:46 AM
With the little kid on the pony, there the kid is scared witless...

It seems like I"m the only one who noticed the kid's left foot :o

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/314968_232550810140128_124980880897122_624261_5874 00900_n.jpg

ACMEeventing
Feb. 1, 2012, 10:12 AM
That's an accident waiting to happen. Yikes!

deltawave
Feb. 1, 2012, 10:33 AM
I have pictures of me jumping that look exactly like that (facially). I wouldn't necessarily say that's a scared look just from that split second shot. :lol:

Looking closely, he has one metal iron and one plastic one, and the RIGHT leg appears to be tied to the leather with a piece of string. That I don't like, but unless it's really really strong string my guess is it would break under pressure and it is done in some places. The left foot is shoved home in the stirrup but doesn't appear to be "through" to my eye.

There are other pictures of this kid and pony floating around. They look fine.

Grataan
Feb. 1, 2012, 10:54 AM
I have pictures of me jumping that look exactly like that (facially). I wouldn't necessarily say that's a scared look just from that split second shot. :lol:

Looking closely, he has one metal iron and one plastic one, and the RIGHT leg appears to be tied to the leather with a piece of string.
I thought so too at first so I went WTF and looked closer, and I'm pretty sure it's just a reflection of the color on the poles off the shiny part of the iron.

KateWooten
Feb. 1, 2012, 11:07 AM
ah - yes I see - his little foot is just downward pointing, it hasn't actually slipped through the iron, right ? That makes me feel better :D I'd be happier if he was in safety stirrups, I think. Neat pony, and I bet he's a great little rider - I still make this same face, frequently - whenever I forget to close my eyes, in fact.

RAyers
Feb. 1, 2012, 11:16 AM
The difference between men and women. I see no fear in this kid's face. I see a kid hooking for home and having the same expression as the pony. "Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Reed

deltawave
Feb. 1, 2012, 11:17 AM
Are you calling me a man? :mad: :lol:

RAyers
Feb. 1, 2012, 11:30 AM
There are times, delta.... There are times.... ;)

rothmpp
Feb. 1, 2012, 01:17 PM
Forget the kid - how freakin adorable is that pony!?!?!

KBC
Feb. 1, 2012, 01:23 PM
The pony is to die for, love him.

At first I was agreeing with the thought that is is a scared look, but actually if you cover up his mouth, there is nothing in the set of his face or the expression in his eyes that says fear.

Barn Diva
Feb. 1, 2012, 01:31 PM
I had to study micro expressions with part of my training. I am no expert but I have to say it is more determination and undulation than fear on this kid's face. Look at his eyes. Also the pony is precious and enjoying it too.

They are a determined pair that is for sure. Can you imagine how well this kid will ride when older. Maybe we will see him at the Olympics! ra ra

bornfreenowexpensive
Feb. 1, 2012, 03:10 PM
The difference between men and women. I see no fear in this kid's face. I see a kid hooking for home and having the same expression as the pony. "Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Reed

I don't see scared either...I see catching his breath with his mouth open!

His hands are soft on the reins...body looks open and relaxed....NOTHING in his position really indicates fear. Needs more weight in his heels...but not unusual for a kid at all.

Now if he was white knuckled and curling up....I'd be concerned;)

BestHorses
Feb. 1, 2012, 03:14 PM
I am no expert but I have to say it is more determination and undulation than fear on this kid's face.

Undulation?

Weird that he has two different stirrups. Is there a competition that allows a kid to tie his stirrup leather to his leg? I think para equestrians can alter tack but is it allowed in regular competitions?

wildlifer
Feb. 1, 2012, 03:25 PM
As someone who is a master of having bizarre facial expressions captured in photos (I usually look like I'm having a seizure), I feel for the kid.

deltawave
Feb. 1, 2012, 03:56 PM
I didn't know undulating was an emotion. A good description of my general appearance in dressage, maybe . . . :lol:

KBC
Feb. 1, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hey Deltawave I resemble that remark!

Jeito
Feb. 2, 2012, 06:07 AM
I think the kid is super cute. I have a similar expression in half of my old jumping pics. In the other half I look like a fish.

TwinGates
Feb. 3, 2012, 12:21 AM
Forget the kid - how freakin adorable is that pony!?!?!

THIS! I would SO back up my trailer . . .