PDA

View Full Version : PNW'ers, anyone going to the Aspen Derby?

Heinz 57
Jan. 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
Just curious if anyone is going to the derby at Aspen next month, and if those that have attended previously might have some insight as to the courses they've used. I'm debating taking one of mine but I don't know that I'll be able to go XC schooling prior and don't want to set him up for failure - he hasn't seen a single XC fence since August.

Prize list says a mix of XC and stadium fences set in an oversized sand arena. I take that to mean there won't be any ditch/bank/water obstacles used?

Rainier
Jan. 31, 2012, 12:39 AM
I would like to, but we will probably still have snow then. I can't wait to compete there though.

Coeur*de*Cheval
Jan. 31, 2012, 01:05 AM
I won't be going as it's a little far for me for a schooling show but last year I believe they held it in the outdoor arena that they use for 2 of the dressage arenas for their recognized HTs. I know at the March derby they did use the small banks that are on the edge of the arena, my guess if that it would depend on the footing and amount of rain.

Mtn trails
Jan. 31, 2012, 09:52 AM
I won't be going, need to save for the recognized and don't know where I'll be horse wise. Have fun!

Heinz 57
Jan. 31, 2012, 10:57 AM
I may just forego the derby and head up to NWEC for some fun schooling. Gloria says the water complex and area by the stalls are good for schooling still despite the storm, so I may just put my $25 towards that instead if I can find a buddy to go with.