PDA

View Full Version : Trainers in Northern Colorado

SouthernSon
Jan. 22, 2012, 11:37 PM
My wonderful boy and I are looking to come over to the Dark Side and are thus shopping for trainers in northern Colorado.:D:D:D
P and I live in Fort Collins, and I am now working in Boulder (will likely be moving down that way in ~6 months). I have only had limited success with online searches, etc so I was hoping to appeal to the eventing masses of COTH to point me in the right direction.
A little context: I have a background in hunters and eq (and some western pleasure and barrels thrown in there too), and he is a coming 7 OTTB just really learning to jump, etc. We haven't really worked with a trainer since I got him off the track, so I am sure there will be training gaps to fill as we head down our new path. Eventing has always been my secret ambition, and now I feel confident enough with my boy that I think we can make it a reality. (He is fantastic, and I am such a proud mama.)
Any help would be appreciated and please feel free to PM.
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and opinions! I also want to say that reading on this forum has done a great deal to put the itch to try this sport in me! So thanks for sharing everyone! I can't wait to be able to join in with my own contributions! :winkgrin:

rhymeswithfizz
Jan. 23, 2012, 01:43 AM
Another convert!! Yeah!
When I was on that side of town I rode with Lindy Weatherford. I adore her. Good luck!!!
http://www.windholmefarm-colorado.com/

SouthernSon
Jan. 23, 2012, 11:35 AM
I was planning on calling her today so thanks for the good referral!

dani0303
Jan. 23, 2012, 04:30 PM
I'm also interested in hearing this!! I'm in Greeley and have an older but VERY talented WB who has done his time in the H/J rings. We went XC schooling over the summer when I lived back in NC, but I don't know many people out here. I'd like to get into maybe some baby eventing. :)