PDA

View Full Version : Trainers in Md area

Bellissimo
Jan. 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Hello!

I am just moving back to Md (cecil county area) and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a good trainer in the area?

Thanks!

kkindley
Jan. 22, 2012, 08:17 PM
There's a plethora of them! What are your goals, level, etc? Where will your horse be?

Danny Warrington is in Cecil County. Sally Cousins is close and fantastic! A ton of Big names just across the line in PA, Mogie Bearden Muller is down the eastern shore a bit. Unfortunately most are down south right now.

Welcome!

SaratogaTB
Jan. 22, 2012, 08:18 PM
Sally Shirley

Sallyshirley.com

Bellissimo
Jan. 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to look into some of them more.

I usually have young off the track tb's I like to get out for some low level eventing.

I know most are down south :( I wish I could be there!! this prob inst the best time to start looking for a trainer.

I did formerly ride with Danny years ago when he was at a farm here on the eastern shore but personally was not a huge fan of his teaching style.

ECEventer
Jan. 22, 2012, 11:28 PM
Just tagging along on this...I am moving to howard co. and was wondering if any of you Marylanders know anything about Kate Chadderton or Sunsethill farms?

judybigredpony
Jan. 23, 2012, 12:51 AM
You would love Tara Ziegler...she is very close by in Oxford and also works @ my farm 1 day a week as well as out of Mouse House Farm that has an indoor..

Classic Melody
Jan. 23, 2012, 08:32 AM
Just tagging along on this...I am moving to howard co. and was wondering if any of you Marylanders know anything about Kate Chadderton or Sunsethill farms?

I board at Sunset Hill, and although I don't ride with Kate, I am familiar with her teaching and training style. SH is a great place to ride and Kate's a well-regarded trainer. Feel free to PM me with questions.

scubed
Jan. 23, 2012, 08:37 AM
I have watched Kate teach and think she is very good and facility really nice. She is super with the horses.

Gilbo
Jan. 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
Whispering Hollow: http://www.whisperinghollow.net/whisperinghollow.net/Home.html

Meredith Clark
Jan. 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
Welcome to Cecil County!! I live here too and have ridden with a number of trainers (i'm a trainer slut!) I'll PM you :)

Sonoma City
Jan. 23, 2012, 11:53 PM

Kate is great, top notch trainer. PM me if you have any specific questions.