PDA

View Full Version : Exciting young professional couple

EventingTerry
Jan. 22, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yesterday I came across a blog written by a young man by the name of Dom Schramm. He is an Australian rider who recently moved here and is married to another young eventing rider from Texas, Jimmie Schramm.

I was blown away by how mature and kind hearted these kids are and how much their genuine-ness shows through in their words. In particular, I was very impressed in Dom's up frontness about dealing with unprofessional professionals in our sport. If your looking to be inspired by some of the youth in our sport, I suggest you take a look at this blog http://schrammequestrian.blogspot.com/

I believe they have just moved to Aiken and was wondering if anyone has ever trained with either of them? From their bios I see Dom has ridden in England and Europe and I noticed both their names in a lot of results in Area III. I hope they are as great as they seem thanks

whicker
Jan. 22, 2012, 03:15 PM
Interesting blog.
How does one get in touch with them via email?
I'd love to know more about the chapeau in the photos, too.

Porsche
Jan. 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
They have a website, SchrammEquestrian.com. They are a great couple. I have had the privilege of taking a few clinics with them and find them a breath of fresh air and great fun.

Schramm Equestrian is also on Facebook.

Long Spot
Jan. 22, 2012, 03:30 PM
What a good read! Refreshing, indeed.

ThirdCharm
Jan. 22, 2012, 03:35 PM
They are on Facebook too. Very nice couple, I took a lesson with Dom and had a good experience.

Jennifer

CarolinaGirl
Jan. 22, 2012, 03:39 PM
I've never met them, but I assume they are reps for Southern Stars Saddles and gear and I've emailed them about going to Aiken to sit in them and they've been nothing but great to deal with via email.

VicariousRider
Jan. 22, 2012, 06:21 PM
I don't know them personally, but my SO's brother and sister (one of the people thanked in the post) live in Aiken and she is a vet. They think really highly of them and she (who has very high standards for horse care) says that he really does right by his horses. I'm looking forward to meeting them when I head down in February for a visit.

EventingTerry
Jan. 22, 2012, 09:07 PM
The fact that everybody posted something positive makes me feel even better. I found out their contact info today in case anyone was interested 214 544 5729 or 469 500 33 88. So I discovered a couple of interesting things. The wife Jimmie is a NAYRC Gold Medal winner, was the USEA prelim rider of the year a few years ago, and Dom has groomed at Badminton horse trials, ridden at a Dressage Stallion Station in Germany, ridden at the three star level and is very qualified coach back in down under. They also have been involved with Riding with the Handicapped too. I'm just so refreshed that some up and coming riders can also be decent too. I am just trying to pluck the courage to arrange a time to go and train with them in Aiken. Anyone care to join????

whicker
Jan. 22, 2012, 09:31 PM
I'm not going to make it down to Aiken. Do you want to see if they are coming up to the Middleburg, Va area?

The more we learn about them, the more opportunities to meet them...

alterdstate
Jan. 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
Good, thought provoking reading. Thanks for sharing!

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Jan. 23, 2012, 11:51 AM
I took two of my kids down to school at Southern 8ths last winter and they each got a flat lesson from Dom, and enjoyed it very much, and I enjoyed watching. Hearing the same thing phrased another way can be so helpful sometimes. Dom is quite sympathetic to both horse and rider, and he and Jimmie are both thoroughly nice people.

Terry - no courage necessary - just call them and see when they suggest/when they will be around and not swamped and procede from there. Have fun!!

eventer_mi
Jan. 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
Dom and Jimmie are the best. I took several lessons with Dom when they were based in So 8ths, and Jimmie very generously drove up to school just me at the horse park on a cold, wet day for very little money. They go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and cared for, and I definitely got my money's worth and more each time they helped me. They also don't just rush away after a lessonm leaving you to feel like another number - they make sure that you are happy. Highly recommend them.

If you are looking to take a lesson, just give them a call. Super approachable pair. I am so sad that they are no longer in my area.

dom_schramm_Equestrian
Jan. 25, 2012, 06:41 PM
Hi everybody.

A couple of you mentioned to us to come onto the Forum and check out this thread. To be honest I didn't realize anyone even read my little blog so I'm glad someone found it helpful.Thank you to everybody for being so kind. It's always great to hear positive feedback and we look forward to catching up with you all soon I hope.

Regards,

Dom and Jimmie:)

dom_schramm_Equestrian
Jan. 25, 2012, 06:43 PM
The fact that everybody posted something positive makes me feel even better. I found out their contact info today in case anyone was interested 214 544 5729 or 469 500 33 88. So I discovered a couple of interesting things. The wife Jimmie is a NAYRC Gold Medal winner, was the USEA prelim rider of the year a few years ago, and Dom has groomed at Badminton horse trials, ridden at a Dressage Stallion Station in Germany, ridden at the three star level and is very qualified coach back in down under. They also have been involved with Riding with the Handicapped too. I'm just so refreshed that some up and coming riders can also be decent too. I am just trying to pluck the courage to arrange a time to go and train with them in Aiken. Anyone care to join????

Terry, please feel free to give us a call anytime, we would love to help you out any way we can, and it just so happens that we are at a great facility in Aiken that has everything we need to school everything. Look forward to meeting you soon

atheventer85
Jan. 25, 2012, 08:17 PM
I don't know Dom well, but Jimmie is fantastic. I knew her from her college days when she had a mare at the 2* level. She is a good rider, good teacher, and has a heart of GOLD. She will bend over backwards for people! I STRONGLY encourage anyone interested to ride with her and her husband!

The Golden Snitch
Jan. 28, 2012, 06:30 PM
Today I had my first lesson with Dom at Rivendale Farms in Lancaster, SC... it was great! He hit the nail on the head with my pony and we saw great results even in only a few moments... and, I left feeling like I had some new tools in my tool belt to work on at home. SUCH a nice guy and very enjoyable to work with. Can't wait for the next clinic! Highly recommended.