PDA

View Full Version : My new girl!

GoForAGallop
Jan. 21, 2012, 03:43 PM
Here she is! With her addition to my herd, I've joined three clubs I've been itching for entrance into: the mare club, the OTTB club, and the Fingerlakes Finest club.

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sold2011&action=display&thread=351

Long story short: I tried to buy this girl when she was on the track, but she had sold the day before my call. I've been searching for a horse and haven't found what I'm looking for, browsing craigslist daily. She was on the craigslist for an area I don't usually look in, and the ad was short and simple with no names or photos. Imagine my surprise when the photos I'd drooled over months before ended up in my inbox, with the name to confirm! Her current person has nothing but good things to say about her (and that right hind is normal, just a funky photo/standing position) and she will be at my place next weekend. :D

She has had (and will continue to have) the winter off with nothing but some ground driving around trails, and I am so excited to hop on her in the spring! I have my heart horse, my gelding, as well, so there's no need to rush with this baby. Jockey Club says she's four, officially she's just three still.

CharingHounds
Jan. 21, 2012, 03:59 PM
Congratulations. She really is attractive (and flashy)! I love the silvery hair in her tail. I'll bet you can't wait to have her home.

vineyridge
Jan. 21, 2012, 04:15 PM
Just wondering. Was she flipped for a great deal more than she brought direct from Finger Lakes?

GoForAGallop
Jan. 21, 2012, 04:50 PM
Just wondering. Was she flipped for a great deal more than she brought direct from Finger Lakes?

No. She is actually $500 less. :lol: Her current owner is in the middle of divorce, has a few other horses, and just wants to see this girl get into a good home. (Which was her initial plan anyway, after restarting her in the spring.) We are already Facebook friends and she is very interested in seeing this girl do well and be happy.

Not shady at all.

Debbie
Jan. 21, 2012, 05:24 PM
Wow, lucky you! I remember her listing and really love her. She looks to be a very sweet classy mare, enjoy!

Equine Studies
Jan. 21, 2012, 09:39 PM
She is adorable...........I'm a sucker for bay TB mares with white. Looking forward to updates!

Mukluk
Jan. 21, 2012, 11:02 PM
Congrats. She looks like a gorgeous girl!!! I love my OTTB mare. Hope you have a blast with her!!!

foxhavenfarm
Jan. 22, 2012, 08:18 AM
Congrats, she is really nice! And an Artax baby to boot! Our stallion is an Artax son and is SUPER easy. If she is anything like him, you have a real gem on your hands. :)

judybigredpony
Jan. 22, 2012, 09:07 AM
If she's even 1/2 as nice smart sweet athletic and amazing as my Artax you have yourself a Gem of a Lifetime enjoy..with her pedigree top and bottom she's a no brainer...

GoForAGallop
Jan. 22, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys! Part of the reason I got her is because everyone here on COTH RAVES about their Artax babies!

jollytrak
Jan. 22, 2012, 01:24 PM
Congrats! She's a cutie :)

Rainier
Jan. 22, 2012, 04:14 PM
She looks like a lovely horse :)

HorseLover3
Jan. 22, 2012, 04:22 PM
Awwe... Shes cute! When somethings ment to be, it will be:) I got a new gelding a few months ago, and I wanted him before, but it never worked out, but it eventually did, and he's a dream come true!
Congrats:D

Justa Bob
Jan. 22, 2012, 05:10 PM
Here she is! With her addition to my herd, I've joined three clubs I've been itching for entrance into: the mare club, the OTTB club, and the Fingerlakes Finest club.

Requires more pictures!!! :D Who cares if its dead o' winter and we are all miserable and the horses are buried under blankets? Surely there is a new portrait? :)

Congrats on a lovely mare!!

jackalini
Jan. 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
Seems like it was meant to be!

She's gorgeous, and look at that bling! Didn't lose a sock in the dryer - all 4. :winkgrin::lol:

Xctrygirl
Jan. 22, 2012, 06:58 PM
Yay!!! And I agree we need pics to look at and drool over.

~Emily

GoForAGallop
Jan. 22, 2012, 08:39 PM
Requires more pictures!!! :D Who cares if its dead o' winter and we are all miserable and the horses are buried under blankets? Surely there is a new portrait? :)

Congrats on a lovely mare!!

Sorry, she's not here until this weekend, but I will overload the COTH servers with pics when she arrives, don't worry!!

Seems like it was meant to be!

She's gorgeous, and look at that bling! Didn't lose a sock in the dryer - all 4. :winkgrin::lol:

Aren't those socks adorable? :D I have no desire to show her under "R Lady in Blue" so I'm thinking about coming up something "sock" related. But an original one!

pegasus209
Jan. 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ooo, she is lovely! :yes:
Congrats on your new sweetie!!

ohrebecca
Jan. 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
Oooooooooooh, love her! Great choice!

RHdobes563
Jan. 23, 2012, 01:21 PM
Aren't those socks adorable? :D I have no desire to show her under "R Lady in Blue" so I'm thinking about coming up something "sock" related. But an original one!

Socks and Violins? :lol:

gottagrey
Jan. 23, 2012, 05:26 PM
Lovely girl, sweet face - Enjoy her!

Right on Target
Jan. 23, 2012, 05:42 PM
Ooh Soxy Lady!

What a sweetie! Good luck!

Rel6
Feb. 11, 2012, 07:01 PM
Super cute!!! I have an Artax baby in on trial right now, and am very encouraged by what I'm reading on this thread.

Lori B
Feb. 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
There is a famous and wonderful Count Basie tune:

Shiny Stockings

Ella Fitzgerald sings it

gold2012
Feb. 11, 2012, 08:28 PM
I really like her. She just has that special flash. Have fun, and keep us updated. Congrats...Welcome to those clubs. Especially the mare one. I love mares.

azdreamride
Feb. 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
love her blaze--very attractive mare!

lv4running
Feb. 11, 2012, 10:07 PM
Another beautiful OTTB! What are the odds of you finding her again like you did? Must be fate. Lookin forward to more pics once she arrives.

hequestrian
Feb. 11, 2012, 11:06 PM
She is so pretty! Congrats!