PDA

View Full Version : Rule changes - amateur rule - has it changed?

retreadeventer
Jan. 20, 2012, 12:46 PM
In reading the rule change listing at the USEA site, I'm seeing that the ammy rule as per USEF seems to have been re-worked.
http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?section=rulebook&id=3128
While I don't spot any wholesale sea changes.....does anyone see any big things to point out?
AND...big question....if you don't teach lessons, don't train other people's horses, but just BOARD the horses and provide care in exchange for renumeration....are you an amateur, or professional? And between boarding and training - what is the line to cross to become pro? or stay ammy?

Hawks Nest
Jan. 20, 2012, 01:18 PM
under what an ammy can do:

i. Accept remuneration for providing service in one’s capacity as a: presenter or panelist at a Federation licensed fficials’ clinic, competiition manager, competition secretary, judge, steward, technical delegate, course designer, announcer, TV commentator, veterinarian, groom, farrier, tack shop operator, breeder, or boarder.

so you are safe

Six more months and I won't be (good thing I sold Danny when I did since I got a nice little cut of that sale).

flutie1
Jan. 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
It would be wise to contact the person at the email listed. I would think the USEF interpretation would be more valuable than opinions from this forum.

retreadeventer
Jan. 20, 2012, 01:39 PM
Oh always the voice of reason.....so hard to figure out things sometimes, Katie, I was thinking the EXPERTs would chime in and save me the trouble....:) :) :) too much coffee!!!

Janet
Jan. 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
1-New Rule doesn't go into effect until Dec. 1 2012 - so you have almost a year

2- Very little has actually CHANGED, it has just been restructured.

3- The way I read it, the rule for boarding horses is the same as before- as long as you don't ride, teach, or train the boarded horses, you are OK. But call /email the listed contact for confirmation.