PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Horse name Great Gatsby Chuck Waters Sold 2002-05

ClevelandEventer
Jan. 20, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hi all,

Shot in the dark here. I use to have a horse that Chuck Waters bought from me in the summer of about 2002 that I am looking for. I'm just curious to know what happened to him if anyone can help me. His name when we owned him was Great Gatsby. He is a 17'1 lanky, bright orange OTTB chestnut with 4 white socks and no other white markings. A beautiful horse that was a good jumper. I had evented him up through training level with my sister and we had to sell him when we went to college. He is probably about 17 years old by now (I think he was 8 when we sold him). I know Chuck had him for a while at his farm and actually wasn't able to sell him for a couple of years. From what my trainer told me when he has contacted him some years later Chuck said he was a great horse and everyone loved riding him but he just wasn't selling. Without sounding pie eyed, I believe that story b/c the horse really was lovely, honest and beautiful to boot. I know he did eventually get sold and I am just curious to know what happened to my beautiful orange friend.

I'll post a picture later when I find one.

Thank you for any help you can offer!