PDA

View Full Version : Nunn Finer breastplates...

goodmorning
Jan. 19, 2012, 12:10 PM
Does their Hunting version with elastic have 2-layers if elastic on the neckstraps? I was riding a horse whose tack included a very nice breastplate, with brass fittings, and two-layers of elastic on each chest/neck piece. I really liked this breastplate - but it seemed of higher quality than the Nunn Finer stuff I've seen recently.

Carried Away
Jan. 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
Mine is about 10 years old and it does have 2 layers of elastic...you can get the same breastplates cheaper through Bartville Harness though...

FLeventer
Jan. 19, 2012, 01:03 PM
Mine has two pieces of elastic. I bought it used so I'm not sure how old it is.

CarolinaGirl
Jan. 19, 2012, 01:31 PM
I got mine in 2007 and it has two pieces of elastic. I THINK the one my friend got in black is also a Nunn Finer and she got it maybe 3 years ago... it also has two pieces of elastic on each side.

deltawave
Jan. 19, 2012, 01:35 PM
I have one of those, it's built to last and holding up great after about 8 years. One of my favorite pieces of tack. :yes:

jconnors
Jan. 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
I had one that I actually just found when moving my horses. I think I got it around 1997 or 98. Cleaned it up and still in great condition. It also has the double elastic. Mine was purchased from Bartville!

kcmel
Jan. 19, 2012, 07:08 PM
I just bought one this fall and it has the double layers.

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 19, 2012, 11:50 PM
Me too.. double layers and just bought it. I actually got the hunting five way and ADORE it!!! no fleece to get sweaty and nasty but still a five point :)

PuraVidaEventing
Jan. 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
I bought mine in 2010, double layered and fairly nice, has held up SUPER well so far

outrider1
Jan. 20, 2012, 07:02 PM
Nunn Finers does have the double elastic. The only two issues with buying from bartsville is those are what Nunn Finer has culled becuse of one reson or another. The other is Bartsvill is not insured being Amish if you were to get a rein or a sturrip leather or a rein.

kkindley
Jan. 20, 2012, 08:33 PM
Mmmmmm... It is NOT what Nunn Finer has culled. They make it. If it is listed as their brand, it has never left that store. I also don't know what you are trying to say about insurance?

RiverBendPol
Jan. 21, 2012, 06:34 AM
Bartville also replaces the elastic if it stretches. My 2 Bartville breastplates are at least 20 years old. The elastic on the one I use for every day and jumping phases in competition got a little saggy. I sent it back to Bartville and they replaced the elastic for some outrageous fee like $2.50 each side. AND they had it back in my mailbox within a week.