PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern peeps -- spring/early summer camps/clinics

KayBee
Jan. 19, 2012, 11:36 AM
If you could do one, which/whose would you do? Imagine you're relatively new to cross-country. Horse is not exactly an old-hand either.

ss3777
Jan. 19, 2012, 06:37 PM
Denny Camp in VT or Whatever Eric Horgan is doing at Larkin Hill in North Chatham. I have done both and cannot wait to do them again! Both are fine with all level of horse and rider. You can work out a custom weekend with Denny if you don't want to wait until camp.

Good Luck!

WishIWereRiding
Jan. 21, 2012, 02:23 PM
I would do Denny over Eric. Have ridden with both and hands down Denny was a better teacher. Eric likes to hear himself talk, at least that was my experience.

RiverBendPol
Jan. 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
GMHA, end of May/early June. Awesome.

retreadeventer
Jan. 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
Loch Moy looks like they are putting together a really nice adult camp in June.
Look for mdhorsetrials.com, I think. They have two XC courses, and looks like they will use both.

KayBee
Jan. 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. Can you tell me what GMHA is?

ss3777
Jan. 22, 2012, 07:57 PM
GMHA is the mecca for horse folks! Here is the link:

http://www.gmhainc.org/

I have been going on a GMHA pilgrimage, once a year for the last 6 years!

Enjoy!

RiverBendPol
Jan. 23, 2012, 08:06 AM
This is the clinic info. It is THE MOST FUN you can have legally. Fantastic organization, amazing instruction, delicious food, gorrrrrgeous facility. Get fit and go, you will NOT regret it. ;)

>USEA ADULT CLINIC

June 4-9, 2012

Join the premier eventing camp for adults! Receive riding lessons twice a day from leading trainers in dressage and eventing. Camp is held on the GMHA grounds.

Customized programs, stabling, and meals are included. Lots of fun for the adult amateur who wants to spend a week immersed in training with wonderful clinicians.

Contact Barbara Marks at 561-236-2462.<

Flipper
Jan. 23, 2012, 07:44 PM
YES!!! GMHA camp AND Denny camp!! They're both fantastic for different reasons, but both are ideal for someone who hasn't evented yet, might not have alot of confidence with xc or whatever. And both have FABULOUS food!!! I've done 2 of Denny's camps (in VT & NC), & followed those up with private weekend-training retreats at his farm. I've done 3 or 4 (lost track!) of the GMHA camps & am going back this year with my new horse. LOVE IT!:yes: