PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken a lesson w/ Cherie Chauvin?

Addictedeventer
Jan. 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hello- I might be taking a lesson with Cherie next weekend I heard that she's great but wanted to know if any COTHers have ridden with her. Let me know!

Thanks!

Larissa
Jan. 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
I.love.Cherie.

Just had to get that off my chest. She bought her eventer Katchi from me years ago and I've followed them since, taken a few lessons from her, referred fellow boarders to her. She's a super fun and upbeat person and a very thorough, insightful trainer. She always had excellent observations about my position and how it affected my horse and a plethora of exercises to help correct issues.

You can see in her blog (golightlysporthorses.blogspot.com (http://golightlysporthorses.blogspot.com)) that she works very hard on her riding with Jimmy, Boyd and Silva and she's terrific at taking lessons learned there and translating them into ways to help her own students. She's had some good success getting her students to move up between levels in a really prepared way. Would probably be a pretty enjoyable lesson.

Duckz
Jan. 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
Addicted, I already responded to your PM, but I'll just reiterate that Cherie is great :) I agree with everything that Larissa said. Cherie coached me through my move from Novice to Training this year, always maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of humor. She even came and coached me at a hunter/jumper show (I begged). I think you'll enjoy your lesson!

retreadeventer
Jan. 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
Cherie is a superb horsewoman! Loff her to death! :)

Addictedeventer
Mar. 15, 2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone! I've taken two lessons with her and she is awesomeeee! Zeke & I love her!

Duckz
Mar. 15, 2012, 05:15 PM
Yay!! That's great! Are you coming with her to the Derby this weekend? If so I'll see you there :)

Addictedeventer
Mar. 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
I'll be at the derby with Val :) I'm excite to see everyone! I'm guessing your Diane? Val has told me about Lincoln before & I recognize your signature!

Duckz
Mar. 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'll be at the derby with Val :) I'm excite to see everyone! I'm guessing your Diane? Val has told me about Lincoln before & I recognize your signature!

Yup, I'm Diane! Mama Duckz has the ride on Lincoln this weekend, I'm just the chauffeur :cool: See you there!!