PDA

View Full Version : Trainers In Lexington

justgrabmane
Jan. 15, 2012, 06:42 AM
Hey!!

So, I have been living in Lexington for about a year and have taken some lessons with trainers but have not settled with a permanent trainer. Do you guys have any suggestions???

I have a four year old unraced tb that is going bn right now but want him to be going novice by the end of next season!

Thanks in advance!!

tecumsea
Jan. 15, 2012, 08:43 AM
The list would be Tanya Davis, Cathy W., Dorothy Crowell (though she is in Frankfort), Julie Congleton, Elissa Gibbs, then there is Champagne Run,

CarolinaGirl
Jan. 15, 2012, 08:48 AM
I rode with Cathy W a few times when I was up there for a summer a few years ago and really liked her.

3 Day Ranch
Jan. 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
Allie Slusher just relocated her business from California to Lexington. I can highly recommend her.

FoxChaser
Jan. 15, 2012, 02:39 PM
I have ridden with Julie Congleton for the past 8 years and would highly recommend her. She is excellent with young horses and OTTBs (just ask my two). Let me know if you'd like contact info!

deltawave
Jan. 15, 2012, 02:46 PM
Team CEO is just a couple of miles from the Kentucky Horse Park. I have never ridden with Megan, but bought my wondeful horse from her. :)

www.teamceoeventing.com

Cathy Wieschhoff is also great. :yes:

UKYeventer
Jan. 15, 2012, 03:08 PM
Capt. Jorge Montalvo is wonderful! Great with young horses and most of his students ride OTTBs. His students consistently place in the top five at events and his 18 year old daughter (who was one of the youngest competitors) competed at the Pan American games this past fall in dressage. PM me for contact info.

ZackAttack
Jan. 15, 2012, 06:06 PM
I would recommend Dorothy Crowell in Frankfort. I'm a working student of hers and have been here since July and I love it, she's wonderful and great with the OTTB's. Our entire barn is currently full of OTTB's and she just helped me find a wonderful little OTTB project mare. If Frankfort is a little too far for you, Elissa Gibbs is a student of hers, also teaches lessons and trains and is wonderful as well.

I've never worked with Cathy W. but heard only good things about her.

If you would like contact info for either Dorothy or Elissa feel free to PM me. =]

KateWooten
Jan. 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
I am not in that area, but I visit. For dressage, I am really keen on Sharon Vanderziel in Paris. And she will do visits. What struck me particularly about Sharon is that she always seems to be thinking it out from the point of view of the horse - she understood my little mare's issues in no time flat. Plus her students consistently win the dressage every time they're in my division, which is annoying for me !

eventersmom
Jan. 17, 2012, 01:24 PM
For a young Tb in the Lexington area I would recommend Julie Congleton or Lindsey Solorzano. Lindsey really gets the tb mind and is wonderful with people too!

Wee Dee Trrr
Jan. 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Also Jenn O'Neill is in Lexington. She trains out of Antebellum. She's going advanced on her own OTTB and has a great program. PM me for her email. If I could get her to come back home to Indy for lessons I'd ride with her more. :)

evntr5218
Jan. 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
cathy weischoff is wonderful!!! cant say enough good things about her, jess and everyone in her barn is super friendly and helpful!

olympicdreams04
Jan. 18, 2012, 12:36 PM
Check out my website at www.landnequine.com. I specialize in TBs, both on and off track, and can provide extensive references.

2ndyrgal
Jan. 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
Hands down. Honest to a fault and fabulous with all horses, especially TBs. She sold a horse for me in less than a month, and if I wanted to start an eventer, I'd start it with her. She doesn't rush, and puts a wonderful foundation and work ethic on any horse. Easy to work with, not a yeller, doesn't overface students or horses. Returns phone calls and emails PROMPTLY, which a lot of the "ahem" younger ones don't.

I think in terms of experience, she's the best in Lexington, her facility has every thing, including cross country jumps. Just fabulous.

Her number is on her website. Go to Carriage Station Farm.

hhfarm
Jan. 18, 2012, 01:21 PM
Here's every one I know of (alphabetically)... Hope this helps! Good luck!

Congleton, Julie
Crowell, Dorothy
Davis, Tanya
Estes, Elissa
Hamel, Emily
Harrison, Suzie
Joyce, Jennifer
Montalvo, Jorge
Moore, Megan
O'Neill, Jenn
Shade, Sarah
Slusher, Allie
Solorzano, Lindsey
Wieschoff, Cathy
Wright, Maggie

alterdstate
Jan. 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
There is one name on that list I would stay away from based on a friend's recent experience. PM me if you want info.

*Brightside*
Jan. 21, 2012, 08:44 AM
I have been riding with Lindsey Solorzano for the past 3 years, but have personally known her since she moved to Kentucky 6 years ago. She has taken both of her horses from the very beginning and one is getting reday to move up to advanced, the other to intermediate. Her program is very close and personal and she has done wonders for me and my sometimes hard to ride horse. Her farm has its own Cross country course with jumps starter-prelim.

Great with young horses and thoroughbreds....she gallops racehorses in the morning and trains in the afternoon.

Her website is http://www.redlettersales.com

*Trinity*
Jan. 21, 2012, 10:49 AM
There is one name on that list I would stay away from based on a friend's recent experience. PM me if you want info.

PM me, too. Personal experience.

HappyHorselover
Jan. 21, 2012, 09:39 PM
The list would be Tanya Davis, Cathy W., Dorothy Crowell (though she is in Frankfort), Julie Congleton, Elissa Gibbs, then there is Champagne Run,

Second Elissa Gibbs (she's mine) and Champagne Run (have ridden in group lessons on their schoolies, Maggie is great!)

cindylouwho
Jan. 24, 2012, 08:59 AM
Yes, one person on that list that I would avoid. PM me for more information!