PDA

View Full Version : Pony rider/trainer for Feb 4th Rocking Horse?

bizbachfan
Jan. 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
I was planning on taking my favorite medium pony to the Feb 4th Rocking Horse Schooling show. I didn't look at the classes offered and did not realize it was a dressage/show jumping schooling show and unlike the 3 phase schooling where they had smaller jump courses the lowest show jumping course is 2'6". I know its not that big but I have not jumped a course at a show in 25 years and wanted to start out with baby steps, the 18 inchers :) The pony can jump 3 foot no problem but I am the chicken. Pony had done a few hunter shows before we got her but for the last three years she has been a kiddie lesson pony and my "fun" pony. We have been schooling over grids, courses, etc. She is fabulous. She is not a bad pony to ride at all. However she will not "go" if she thinks the rider is unbalanced or not "in charge." Otherwise point her at a jump and she does the rest.

So now that I have rambled on my question anyone know of a trainer/rider that would be at the show and would be small enough to take this pony in a class? Thinking I could bring pony the day before and school her around. She is 13.2 and a very handy competent jumper.

Thinking that I will just wait for a different opportunity and wait until I feel more confident too. But on the other hand we are going to the show anyway and be no problem to just bring her along. (my friend is showing)

scubed
Jan. 13, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hilda Donahue. She is tiny and could easily ride the pony. For that matter, I could ride the pony, but I am by no means a pro or as good a rider as Hilda. Contact Hilda through www.ashmoreequestriancenter.com (email and phone on site).

bizbachfan
Jan. 13, 2012, 07:33 PM
Excellent thanks!! I jumped the pony tonight and she was just fabulous. She loves to jump with a passion. Hope to see you there scubed and I bet you could easily ride this pony she is all fun when it comes to jumping!

scubed
Jan. 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
I will be there with at least one bay boy, possibly more. Do introduce yourself!

maxxtrot
Jan. 13, 2012, 09:38 PM
we might be there too and my rider is smaller as well.

bizbachfan
Jan. 13, 2012, 10:54 PM
thanks guys! I think I might just have to bring her now