PDA

View Full Version : Eventing nick?

vineyridge
Jan. 13, 2012, 12:16 AM
I've been doing some research on Mr. P and his sport horse descendants through numerous sons, mostly. One thing that has struck me is that Mr. P or his sons on top of Never Bend is far more prevalent than Mr. P on top of just about any other stallion. Has anyone got thoughts on this?

retreadeventer
Jan. 13, 2012, 07:58 AM
More prevalent as in occurs more often in successful known event horses, or more prevalent in you just see it more often?
(Mr. P is Mr. Prospector)
Also, are you listing the sons? Some have had more sport horse progeny than others. I am always looking at the dam sire lines to see Damascus, Turn-To, these types on the bottom with Mr. P on the top...but I have no actual stats to prove this cross is successful.

judybigredpony
Jan. 13, 2012, 09:18 AM
Viney have a scope on Private Account...everytime it works for me...A PA mare w/ Conquestador Cielo really works..your thoughts

Napoles
Jan. 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
Also, are you listing the sons? Some have had more sport horse progeny than others. I am always looking at the dam sire lines to see Damascus, Turn-To, these types on the bottom with Mr. P on the top...but I have no actual stats to prove this cross is successful.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/woods+of+windsor

Woods of Windsor is producing a few nice event horses in Ireland at the moment. :)

CookiePony
Jan. 14, 2012, 11:19 PM
I dunno, but Press Card (sire of annikak's Doc and a few other COTHer's horses IIRC) has a Mr. P grandsire with Never Bend the dam sire. Hmm...

Robby Johnson
Jan. 17, 2012, 02:08 PM
I dunno, but Press Card (sire of annikak's Doc and a few other COTHer's horses IIRC) has a Mr. P grandsire with Never Bend the dam sire. Hmm...

My former horse Rhodes Point is by Press Card. :) And my friend told me Press Card was owned/raced by Stephanie Seymour's husband back in the day. SUPERMODEL YOU BETTA WERQ!