PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Schooling barns near Rochester, NY

Sentry Chick
Jan. 12, 2012, 09:06 AM
A friend of mine has a horse she'd like to school over some eventing type courses. Are there any barns around that offer some clinics or courses that they can school at? She doesn't have anything at home that she can school her horse over but would be willing to travel. If you could post me some links, I can forward them on to her.
Thanks.

Heliodoro
Jan. 12, 2012, 09:33 AM
Is your friend looking for courses to ride now or come spring summer?

Right now, I don't think anyone is offering schooling sessions to save the footing. Come April though, she'll have a bunch to choose from. Have her check out www.gvrdc.org for updates on the calendar, they usually have most xc schools in the area listed. My trainer, Jean Donnan, has been updating her jump field with some new xc jumps, her barn is in York/Caledonia area. I'm pretty sure Wehle Farm in Scottsville has some as well. Carol Kozlowski in Avon has some at her barn, she may bring in some of the smaller jumps for the winter. High Standard Stables in Dansville started having xc schools this summer. Leslie Law is the clinician for May at the Stuart grounds in Victor. Equestrian Village of Honeoye Falls ususally has a Micheal Page clinic in April, but I believe more SJ than xc focus.

Being with Jean also gives us her connections with the hunt and PC, so we can "rent" a day at the GVH grounds or over at Wheeler Green. It might help if she hooked up with a local event trainer, so she's not at the mercy of the massive group schoolings, which given the past year's weather many were cancelled/rescheduled at last minute.

wishnwell
Jan. 12, 2012, 02:53 PM
Ditto to Heliodoro, Mary Delton ( Black Points Farm in Mendon - http://www.blackpointsfarm.com/) has great grounds as well that she'll open up come time
What side of Rochester is your friend?
Also look at some Hunter Paces.

Sentry Chick
Jan. 13, 2012, 07:38 AM
Thank you all for your responses and PM's. I will pass it all on to her. You've been very helpful and confirmed some trainers that I have found myself for her.