PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about DerbyCross

ohsareee
Jan. 11, 2012, 03:10 PM
I apologize if this has already been asked/answered before. I came across a post about it from SmartPak's twitter and I'm interested to know a little about it. I did a little reading and the PRO teams are 3 eventers, 1 show jumper and a polo player. I supposed posting it on the eventing forum would be my best bet. All the clips I've watched of it, everyone performs over a course made up of eventing and show jumping fences. Mainly I am wondering where do the polo players come into this? Do they jump? If this has been addressed before and someone could give me a link to a previous thread I would appreciate that too.

Thanks!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jan. 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
polo players do jump...usually slightly smaller fences. Using riders from multiple disciplines makes the show more entertaining and appealing to a wider range of spectators.

bizbachfan
Jan. 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
I am interested to learn more but I am going Jan 20 regardless, looks very cool!

Curb Appeal
Jan. 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
I wanted to go on the 20th, but my husband just happened to have to have his birthday on that day. Damn him for being born :lol:

JLL90
Jan. 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
Derbycross is a great way for eventing to get more attention and spectators in a new and fun environment. It helps to bring cross country to people who may not ever decide to go out and walk several miles of cross country course.

I am going. I cannot wait!! It is a blast for everyone involved from riders to spectators and everyone in between!

mythical84
Jan. 12, 2012, 09:37 AM
Here are a few videos from last year's competition: http://www.youtube.com/user/CatchrideProductions/videos