PDA

View Full Version : Mary King Area 8 Symposium - video?

mustangsal85
Jan. 10, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that EN's write-ups on Mary King's instructional sessions are the Area 8 meeting have been nothing short of fascinating. I find myself wanting more, and I was wondering if there is any video out there of any of her speeches/sessions? I would love to be able to listen to one (or all!) of them in their entirety since I have been left wanting more after reading the very well organized articles EN has put out. Anyone have any or know where I can find some? Not even sure if this was allowed but if it was I would love to see!

PonyGal08
Jan. 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that EN's write-ups on Mary King's instructional sessions are the Area 8 meeting have been nothing short of fascinating. I find myself wanting more, and I was wondering if there is any video out there of any of her speeches/sessions? I would love to be able to listen to one (or all!) of them in their entirety since I have been left wanting more after reading the very well organized articles EN has put out. Anyone have any or know where I can find some? Not even sure if this was allowed but if it was I would love to see!

I wanted to video this past weekend but people sat in front of my camera and weren't very inclined in being asked to scooch over a bit. Oh well. I didn't see anyone else videoing but that doesn't mean there isn't any.

cindylouwho
Jan. 10, 2012, 05:34 PM
I didn't see anyone video, but it was an amazing weekend! Mary King was nothing short of incredible. She smiled the entire weekend and must have been tired. She flew in Friday night, was at the meeting at 9:00am Saturday until 9:00pm. She spent the final hour of the evening giving out our Area awards and getting her picture taken with each ribbon! Sunday she was back at it starting at 8:30. I am sorry there we didn't video it!

Kim K
Jan. 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
I can't answer whether Mary was taped but William Micklem is doing 2 great presentations this Sat Jan 14th at the area 8 annual meeting. I think the first presentation starts at 9.30 am and then again after lunch. Cost is only $50 with an extra $20 for lunch I have been told. I sure hope someone tapes William and will have it available for sale.

William Micklem is hugely successful coach, speaker, author, breeder and COTH columnist and I believe William is proof that you don’t have to be an Olympic rider to be a top coach.

He was my mentor when I was a teenager in Ireland and without his motivational inspiration and equestrian training I would never have been brave or skilled enough to approach Karen O’Connor about coming to the U.S.A to train as a working student in October ‘84. I was with Karen thru 1992. Thanks to both William and Karen, I now have a thriving business of my own. If it sounds like I am a fan it is because I am especially as he is also a great role model for all young coaches.

William is a Fellow of the British Horse Society, the highest coaching qualification of the British Horse Society, which he passed at a younger age than any before or since. But he is so much more than just a coach. As a writer he has become one of the most innovative thinkers in modern equestrianism, with the world's best selling riding manual to his name, The Complete Horse Riding Manual, that is now available in eleven languages......and just listen to what Jimmy Wofford says about him: "William Micklem has one of the best minds in the horse world today. He has a unique mixture of practical experience at the highest levels and thorough knowledge of classical principles of horsemanship. Anything William says is worth hearing." High praise indeed!

As the man who found Custom Made, Biko, and Giltedge, William has already made a huge contribution to USA eventing, and I have no doubt he can also make a huge contribution to our coaching and training.

Kim Keppick