PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Eventing Saddle

SSEventing
Jan. 9, 2012, 07:52 PM
I found a really good deal on a lightly used prestige event saddle, and just wanted hear some reviews.

What does it ride like? Compared to a Monoflap? Pros, cons?

Anything. I've ridden in several prestiges and LOVED them, but not this particular one. (haven't ridden in)

Thanks!

FLeventer
Jan. 9, 2012, 09:55 PM
I love mine! Super comfy, I have the patterned leather and it is not slick and quite grippy, leather is durable, fits almost every horse I have put it on and it was the only saddle that fitmy leg.

I've ridden in it for over two years and it still looks quite new. I ride 6x a week two to three horses a day. This saddle keeps me secure and has large blocks that are velcro removable. I also like that it has two sets of d rings. Nice feature.

I'm guessing you are looking at the double flap one? They also make a mono flap version. I have ridden in a amerigo monoflap and it is not quite as close contact as that, but you can still feel contact quite well. Not too bulky.

I hope this helps.

SSEventing
Jan. 9, 2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks! :)
Helps a lot!

Anyone else?

Summies182
Jan. 10, 2012, 08:15 AM
Hey I have had mine for 7 years and it is still in great shape and I love it. Fits lots of horses, and I really like the big knee blocks you feel very stable in it. Rode in a devoucoux monoflap couple times and it was softer, but I felt less secure in it. Have ridden in the monoflap prestige and that was nice as well, but I preferred the double flap. Definitely a great saddle!

scubed
Jan. 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
I have ridden in a few, but found it a little "too much" saddle for me. I am fairly short. I like the prestige nona garson and the Devoucoux Oldara (regular flap) and absolutely love my current monoflap, so it may just be that they aren't that good a fit for me. The ones I have tried were well made and I felt pretty secure, just not all that comfortable/effective.

LisaB
Jan. 10, 2012, 08:33 AM
LOVE mine! It's so secure for me that I rode in it for my first rides post partum even though I have a dressage saddle. Highly recommended!

foxhavenfarm
Jan. 10, 2012, 08:55 AM
I have one and love it too, I only wish mine was the patterned leather instead of the smooth but I got it for a great price so I can't complain too much. :)

Hilary
Jan. 10, 2012, 09:32 AM
I have one and also like it a lot. It puts you in a more upright position than a saddle like the Ainsley Chester or other true XC saddle. But it's got good secure blocks that you can remove/move, and because it's not super forward you can do decent flatwork in it.

Really comfortable for hacking - it's a sofa compared to my Chester! Fits a variety of horses well (34cm tree, foam flocking) and has worn like iron. It's about 10 years old, I bought it used, and it's been soaked through rained on more times than I can count and is only barely starting to show it's age.

purplnurpl
Jan. 10, 2012, 09:45 AM
if you really like monoflaps you won't like the prestige eventing saddle.

It has a lot of "gingerbread" which I LOVE!!!!

I hate monoflaps. I feel like I'm going to fall out of them.

The Prestige Event saddle locks you in quite nicely.

I have the smooth leather with long billets. I just love it to pieces. It's 8 years old and I've had ZERO upkeep with it. Sometimes I use a towel and trough water to wipe down the girth billets. :cool:

SSEventing
Jan. 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys!

I think if I can ever sell my current Monoflap (....hey! Anyone want a saddle? LOL!) I'm going to take her up on it, it sounds just right.

Wee Dee Trrr
Jan. 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
I have a prestige event too and LOVE it. I've put it on several horses and it fits nicely. It's also my saddle of choice to ride fresh off the track babies in. Loved it so much I bought a prestige 2000D dressage saddle last year. Love that one too. :)

I usually tell people these are the last 2 saddles I'll ever buy. lol