Jan. 7, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'm a very proud mom of my first CANTER horse!!:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1VjiPkapH0

SEPowell
Jan. 7, 2012, 02:55 PM
Really nice!!!

Cinnabon2004
Jan. 7, 2012, 10:41 PM
He is Soooo cute!!!! I love his over jumps haha!! Way to go though it looked like he really enjoyed it and he didn't even speed up to a fast canter during the first combo! What a good boy!!

mpack
Jan. 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
Worth a brag! You look like a nice team! Best wishes for a journey with your OTTB that exceeds your every expectation!

jollytrak
Jan. 11, 2012, 03:02 PM
I loved him when he was first listed - you're going to have lots of fun with him - enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meredith Clark
Jan. 11, 2012, 03:53 PM
What a good boy! Aren't OTTBs the best? :yes:

belgianWBLuver
Jan. 11, 2012, 04:06 PM
Wow - you got a nice one there! Forward and bold. I ride dressage and this guy could do that too!! Good luck with him and have fun :)

jump4joy
Jan. 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
Wow...He's got some "jump" in him..You r going to have so much fun with him..nicenicenice..since he's only 3..be careful not to overjump him...sorry..can't help myself..he's so cute..u guys make a nice pair!!

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 11, 2012, 06:17 PM
Awww... what a doll!!! He's got some springs :)
Great job with him. :)

Jleegriffith
Jan. 11, 2012, 07:57 PM
I just love this horse and you are doing a super job staying with that big jump! He is really going to be something. I bet Sally loved him!

Auto Be A Storm
Jan. 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
I love how excited he is over them......such a cutie

LoveMyCharlie
Jan. 11, 2012, 11:46 PM
Looked amazing! He is soooo cute! :)

Mukluk
Jan. 12, 2012, 12:21 AM
NICE!!!! He reminds me of my OTTB mare. What's his breeding? Looks like you are going to have a blast with him (as if you aren't already!!!) How fun.

petesperson
Jan. 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
I love him! I'd be bragging too!!

Abracadabra
Jan. 12, 2012, 01:08 PM
why would you put a large blue scary barrel in an x for a first time jump? and why would you keep your arena OH door wide open, at the far end of your first jump?

goobs
Jan. 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
It's obvious tha the blue barrel is not scary to him - maybe it's scary to you. And so what if the door is open. He can handle all of that and I don't think Sally would be doing anything dangerous. Maybe you should ask Sally why she does all of that? Do you really think an open door is an invitation for horses to bolt through? If they are going to bolt they are going to bolt - open doors do not equal "let's bolt" to a horse. The horse is off the track - he's much more "worldly" than most 3 year olds. Sheesh
get a grip.

OP - you look great and your horse is a gorgeous bouncy looking jumper! Lots of natural talent. Good luck with him!

AnotherRound
Jan. 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
He is a sweetheart!! And he looks like he's having so much fun, happy to have a new life with you. You must be very proud. I think he has talent and looks very smart. Lovely mover. He was learning even in that one video. Fun times, you're going to have a great spring/summer with him. What's his name?

AnotherRound
Jan. 12, 2012, 02:18 PM
why would you put a large blue scary barrel in an x for a first time jump? and why would you keep your arena OH door wide open, at the far end of your first jump?

Maybe it was scary for you, but he looked just fine. Its only scary if he thinks it is. Nothing wrong asking him to think right off the bat. OP is enjoying the horse, the horse is enjoying OP and I'm enjoying the share.

leahandpie
Jan. 12, 2012, 02:40 PM

Maybe there is a reason... my guy didn't 'get it' to jump over an X until we put a barrel in the middle. He needed something solid there so that he would actually JUMP instead of just trotting over it/through it.

It isn't nice to make assumptions like this... this is CLEARLY a good rider on a handsome & happy young horse!