PDA

View Full Version : A plea for updated websites....

retreadeventer
Jan. 4, 2012, 12:27 PM
If you have anything to do with a facility that has events scheduled for the upcoming year, could you please put a bug in the ear of the person who updates the websites.

It is impossible to plan if you have a job like I do where I MUST put in for vacation days in advance of when I need them....I really need to see 2012 schedules..... Please ......

Several major places do not have dates set including schooling weekends and clinics scheduled, etc. I do get the USEA dates but can't go to all recognized things, have to work in the unrecogized to save $$$.

Thanks!

NCRider
Jan. 4, 2012, 12:49 PM
I'll put in another plea. Please have an accepted riders list up on your website well in advance of the event. Now that everyone is going to the online scoring program, you can't see the participants at a particular event until the first rider starts dressage. For a while, this was available at most events but with the program that everyone seems to be using now, you can't see anything until the event starts. Not very useful for planning as a spectator.

I know our sport doesn't really have a ton of fans other than friends and family but for the local events, it was nice to be able to see which combinations were planning to be at a particular event and make plans to go out and watch xc day accordingly.

Erin Pittman
Jan. 4, 2012, 08:27 PM
I totally agree with NCRider. Maybe even just a PDF of the event program that lists ride times and rider numbers. Useful for following a horse that you don't own but want to follow (like for ordering photos later on from photographers who only list horses by number).

OverandOnward
Jan. 5, 2012, 10:12 AM
Amen to that !!! Not only that, but some of these sites have posted about an upcoming event somewhere on the horse web - go to their site for details and forms, and it is all 2011 info.

Unfortunately, I suspect that some (many?) of the un-updated facilities aren't surfing COTH, or the web generally. They would have noticed themselves if they were - I would think. Might have to phone them to remind them.

smay
Jan. 5, 2012, 10:52 AM
YES!!! Very important to get the correct information on the HOME site, so that people don't "click through" from a calendar for 2012, and arrive at outdated information. Even if it's just a rough calendar...at least replace the 2011 stuff. That's so aggravating!

scubed
Jan. 5, 2012, 11:00 AM
And a shout out to some that are well updated:

Plantation Field
Rocking Horse
Waredaca

I'm sure there are others, but thanks for making my planning easier

Heinz 57
Jan. 5, 2012, 12:27 PM
And a shout out to some that are well updated:

Plantation Field
Rocking Horse
Waredaca

I'm sure there are others, but thanks for making my planning easier

Luigi has done a FABULOUS job getting the 2012 calendar up on the area VII website this go around. It's been up for at least a month now. BIG thumbs up!

goodmorning
Jan. 5, 2012, 12:52 PM
Yes, it's a bit annoying, particularly on the unrecognized front. And then to see unrecognized events complaining about entries when they don't have a schedule up yet - not really acceptable. It's January - we have work, families, horses, and who knows what else to juggle.

PonyGal08
Jan. 5, 2012, 05:04 PM
And it's not just local venues... I'm still waiting on the USEA to post the FEH 2012 calendar and more venues for the YEH.

lecoeurtriste
Jan. 5, 2012, 08:37 PM
Our 2012 calenda (http://www.wnaaa.com/events.html)r went up on the web in June 2011 (the first two months of 2013 are also posted)!

And we're hosting FEH/YEH/NEH on April 1st and August 12th. Come play in Charlotte!

retreadeventer
Jan. 5, 2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Ark Person!

curlykarot
Jan. 6, 2012, 10:20 AM
Loch Moy's calendar is updated with recognized and unrecognized events:

http://themarylandhorsetrials.com/calendar

scubed
Jan. 6, 2012, 11:24 AM
And interestingly, someone just asked me where the area 2 championships will be this year, and I couldn't find it anywhere

mythical84
Jan. 6, 2012, 08:20 PM
I try to keep my web site up to date with not both MLE activities and client activities: http://mythiclanding.com/activities.htm.

NeverTime
Jan. 9, 2012, 08:24 AM
Plantation Field is in the middle of redoing its website, but the 2012 calendar HAS been posted here (http://plantationfieldhorsetrials.com/cms/), you just need to look closely for it -- the tabs at the top of the page are still from 2011, but check over on the right-hand side and the full 2012 schedule, both recognized and unrecognized, is listed.
Soon, there will be a pretty new website up where all this information is better displayed. Keep checking back!

scubed
Jan. 9, 2012, 08:41 AM
NeverTime, note that I was giving kudos to plantation for having it updated. I had no trouble finding it.