PDA

View Full Version : Going to Burghley - Travel Advice

tlw
Jan. 2, 2012, 11:16 PM
So, we're going to Burghley for my 60th birthday! We have a room essentially on the grounds (so I don't have to walk far when I'm "old"), rent car, etc. but I'm not sure where to fly into. Does anybody who has been there have any recommendations? I will be using Delta miles and want to get things settled before it gets too late. Thanks for any insight from those in the know.

brianhr
Jan. 2, 2012, 11:23 PM
Easiest thing for me was flying into Heathrow and we rented a car and drove from there. Found it really easy just punched in the GPS on the rental car and most of it was freeway driving.

LAZ
Jan. 2, 2012, 11:28 PM
We flew in and out of Heathrow and rented a car there. It was really easy.

clm08
Jan. 2, 2012, 11:42 PM
Or take the train from London to Peterborough, and rent a car in Peterborough, right behind the train station.

Janet
Jan. 3, 2012, 12:32 AM
Or take the train from London to Peterborough, and rent a car in Peterborough, right behind the train station.

That is what I did. Flew into Heathrow, tube to King's Cross, train to Peterborough, Avis rent a car behind the station.

snoopy
Jan. 3, 2012, 03:57 AM
That is what I did. Flew into Heathrow, tube to King's Cross, train to Peterborough, Avis rent a car behind the station.

This is really the easiest way.