PDA

View Full Version : AEC Qualifications - Question

tlw
Jan. 1, 2012, 09:16 AM
To qualify for the AEC one needs, among other things, to have finished 1st or 2d with no x-country penalties at one horse trial during the qualifying period. Here's my question: Since the USEA shows actual finish position and amateur finish position on its website (e.g., 17 riders started TR, I placed 3d overall but was 2d placed amateur and was awarded 2d place amateur points by the USEA), would the fact that I was 2d placed amateur count as my 2d place qualifying score for the TR division at the AEC? Thanks.

HER
Jan. 1, 2012, 09:22 AM
Yes, I believe it does count for the amateur division at AECs

Janet
Jan. 1, 2012, 09:39 AM
It would definitely count for the Training Amateur division at AEC. Don'tthink it applies to Training Rider.

http://useventing.com/competitions.php?section=aec&id=1824

Amateur Upgrade Points (AM)

• Applies to those who have declared Amateur Status with the USEA for the current competition year.
• Points apply only toward the “Amateur” Leaderboard, having met all other eligibility requirements.
• Placings will apply toward AEC Amateur division qualifications, having met all other eligibility requirements.

To qualify for the AEC one needs, among other things, to have finished 1st or 2d with no x-country penalties at one horse trial during the qualifying period. Here's my question: Since the USEA shows actual finish position and amateur finish position on its website (e.g., 17 riders started TR, I placed 3d overall but was 2d placed amateur and was awarded 2d place amateur points by the USEA), would the fact that I was 2d placed amateur count as my 2d place qualifying score for the TR division at the AEC? Thanks.

tlw
Jan. 1, 2012, 11:04 AM
I missed the "Amateur Upgrade Points" provision. Thanks for the replies.

SweetieG
Jan. 1, 2012, 11:13 AM
It looks like for Training level at AEC's the divisions offered are still JR, AM, and Horse. There is no "Rider" division so you are qualified for the AM division assuming you are not a JR and have your other clean runs.

Congrats! Hope to see you there at novice, although it will be a miracle if we qualify :winkgrin:!

wishnwell
Jan. 1, 2012, 06:54 PM
Come that time of year they will also post those that qualify.