PDA

View Full Version : What's your horses favorite phase?

Big_Grey_hunter
Dec. 31, 2011, 04:42 PM
We've done this before for riders favorite, so I thought it would be fun to see what the horses prefer :)

hightide
Dec. 31, 2011, 04:45 PM
Cross country, easily. :)
He knows which things are his XC gear, and he gets very excited. His ears never flick back when it's XC time!

RWR
Dec. 31, 2011, 04:48 PM
Cross country for sure! He loves to run and jump.

TheBrightSide06
Dec. 31, 2011, 04:50 PM
Cross Country! He starts dancing in his stall as soon as I put my vest on.

Duckz
Dec. 31, 2011, 05:51 PM
Tough choice between stadium and cross country! Linc is always happy with a jump in front of him. I'll go with cross country though. He's so big that stadium involves a lot of balancing, collecting, restraint. Cross country means RUN!! :D

Chouteau
Dec. 31, 2011, 06:28 PM
Cross Country hands down - he loves to run (the jumps just kinda get in his way)

kookicat
Dec. 31, 2011, 07:54 PM
Rue- cross country. Asp- Show jumping.

Big_Grey_hunter
Jan. 2, 2012, 01:25 PM
I'm not surprised there are so many votes for cross country :) I'm one of the two votes for dressage. While my horse loves cross country and get revved up and excited, his best phase is his dressage. He's small, but when I actually ride him correctly, he feels like he's 17 hands! I'm only (badly) doing BN/training level dressage, but he was schooling second and some third with his last owner. Cross country gets him excited, but dressage with a good rider maks him happy.

sunhawk
Jan. 2, 2012, 03:00 PM
My little horse just ticks around stadium so happily and easily, it is just a lots and lots of fun to ride. Sometimes I start laughing part way through a round because it's like riding a bird. He's good cross-country, but way stronger, and I feel a bit of tension there that doesn't exist in stadium. His dressage.......well, it's coming along.

snoopy
Jan. 2, 2012, 05:38 PM
Grazing!!!!

eventingismylife
Jan. 3, 2012, 06:43 PM
My mare is happy whenever she is jumping, but she would much rather go cross country!

Mtn trails
Jan. 3, 2012, 07:08 PM
Easily cross country. She gets motoring along being Miss "I'm so Cool" and is so proud of herself afterwards.

SpruceLane
Jan. 4, 2012, 01:56 PM
Tough choice between Stadium and Cross. Finn believes the Dressage phase is like a plain potato chip...it is the vehicle for the chip dip. It's necessary, but not the star attraction.

He is so level headed before during and after our dressage test. Will hang out tied to the trailer quietly munching hay and slurping his water after dressage. Right until I start tacking up with his stadium gear. As soon as his halter comes off and his bridle goes on, you can't get into the saddle fast enough for his liking. I have to do a drive by mounting at competitions. LOL He loves his jumping - stadium or cross. He loves to gallop and is so bold given even half a chance he will figure out how to get over anything. The best part is if he isn't given that half a chance (and it has happened on a handful of occasions in our 5+ years of eventing together now) he has enough self preservation and agility to tell me up front "Nope! We can't safely navigate this one."

Love him! The mix of heart, preservation and pure joy make Eventing so much fun on him.

scubed
Jan. 4, 2012, 02:03 PM
Gizmo - cross country please!
Tobe - SJ especially tricksy, turnsy courses
Keebler - probably cross country, but he also likes SJ
Finn - SJ - I really want to be a hunter/jumper pony
Tag - Dressage - really, he just wants to do dressage all the time
Cole - so far, SJ, but I think xc will grow on him with experience
Eli - right now, none of the above - can I be a trail pony?
Keegan - don't know yet - hoping it is cross country

RAyers
Jan. 4, 2012, 03:04 PM
Eating his hay in a paddock after XC.

Reed

Zoomd
Jan. 5, 2012, 01:02 PM
Zara: xc all the way. She's quite skilled in stadium but gets frustrated with me guidance
Zoomer: xc, and thinks he doesn't need me up there to do it!
Brilliant truth: would love to be a dressage queen
Geno: dressage atm, but he's only 3 an has only jumped a little so far.

purplnurpl
Jan. 5, 2012, 02:26 PM
Toby mentioned something about the XC finish flags and a cold beer.