PDA

View Full Version : Revere Saddlery?

HeyJealousy
Dec. 30, 2011, 03:22 PM
Does anyone here have any experience with them? Sat in a couple of their dressage saddles today and really liked them, and the price for their customs is quite reasonable. I had never heard of them before today(they're West Coast based) but was just interested in others' experiences with them, if any.

DancingAppy
Dec. 31, 2011, 08:04 PM
Just helping bump this up for you.

I've sat in a few of their dressage saddles and liked them as well. But other than that, no experience.

HeyJealousy
Dec. 31, 2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the bump :)

Perfect Pony
Dec. 31, 2011, 10:16 PM
They are made in the same workshop as JRD saddles, and the company is owned by Merdad's sons (but really are made by the exact same people that make the JRD saddles).

PuraVidaEventing
Dec. 31, 2011, 10:30 PM
I don't have any personal experience with them, but a friend of mine has a custom jump from them and loves it! I know they were great about making sure the fit was perfect, and the saddle looks lovely!

Willow6464
Jan. 1, 2012, 01:52 AM
Long time lurker but just created an account to respond to this thread since I LOVE Revere saddles and they deserve some recognition.
They are AWESOME! Love the saddles, super comfy, very well made and pretty to boot. My coach has a jump and dressage saddle from them that I've ridden in daily for the past year on my leased horse. So far they are standing up to the daily wear and tear of 3-6 rides/day quite well(especially since they get cleaned.....actually I don't want to mention how often they get cleaned)

As I recall, all their saddles are custom fitted to the horse(and can be sent back later to readjust multiple times. My coach eventually decided to have the tree widened and it only took a couple weeks to get it back) but you can also choose pretty much everything else (seat size, flap length, knee/thigh blocks, leather type/color, etc). Quite a few clients have fallen in love with the coach's saddle and bought their own.

And not only are the saddles great, the customer service is even better. The fitter came out and took tracings of the coach's horses and was very friendly and helpful. Saddles arrived very quick(maybe 6 weeks but my memory isn't perfect) and they are made in America so no nightmare issues of trying to send it back if it doesn't fit(though all the saddles at our barn(6+) have fit just as expected). It was a completely hassle free process. A year after getting the jump saddle we saw the fitter at a show and she offered to check the flocking right then and there. Very cool.

In short, the saddles are fabulous and the customer service is excellent. Cannot recommend them enough.

*Edit to add: I also think the saddles are very reasonably priced for the quality. I have ridden in far more expensive saddles and thought the quality of the saddle was just as good. With the quality of their saddles and service I think the price will probably increase as they become better known so now is definitely the time to get one.
And at this point you are probably thinking I am a paid advertiser but no, I am just in love with their saddles(and probably biased since my coach was the one paying for them, not me)

HeyJealousy
Jan. 1, 2012, 08:36 PM
Thanks so much for the endorsements! We have the rep coming out next weekend to try the saddles. I'm pretty excited. :) the customer service aspect is especially important to me so I'm really excited to hear that they are good.

INeed2WinTheLottery
Jan. 2, 2012, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but I've seen enough of them to not be too impressed with them. The quality of leather they use is not that great and doesn't wear well.

The workmanship is okay but it's generally quite easy to see the flaws. A friend of mine showed me the leathers she got with her saddle and in less than a year, they looked like they were ancient, and my friend takes great care of her tack. Another friend was so disappointed in her saddle, she sent it back and went elsewhere for a saddle.

If you are on a budget and really want a custom saddle, it may work for you, but based on how many of their saddles I've seen, (at least a dozen) I would not recommend them.

As for Willow 6464's glowing report, including this comment: "Quite a few clients have fallen in love with the coach's saddle and bought their own." in some cases, trainers get new saddles for every X clients they send to Revere, so of course a trainer is going to want to get as many people as possible riding in their saddles.

caevent
Jan. 2, 2012, 08:42 PM
What Need2winlottery said.

Dune
Jan. 26, 2012, 09:08 PM
Bumping this back up....:) Anyone else?

riderchicks
Mar. 25, 2015, 07:01 PM
I really like the saddle I have, however, the customer service is simply abysmal. Justin, the rep is unpleasant to deal with, arrogant, and unresponsive. If you actually need something after you buy the saddle get ready for dealing with an entitled brat; that said, the fitter is pleasant and knowledgeable; she just doesn't have anything to do with service after the sale.

rthonor
Mar. 26, 2015, 10:57 AM
I actually found Justin very pleasant to work with.... and he was just trying to help me with a reflocking job as a new saddle is not in my budget. He called me about the saddle more than once to keep me updated.