PDA

View Full Version : Need help with JC description of face markings - quick!

DiablosHalo
Dec. 28, 2011, 03:32 PM
The racing forum is slow today.

I need help describing this star for JC paperwork. I see a bird - complete with beak, eye, and all. Somehow I don't think the JC would appreciate that!

Either way - anyone good at wording the markings?

Her pic is on my profile pic

Thanks!

:)

FLIPPED HER HALO
Dec. 28, 2011, 03:40 PM
I would just say a star with roaning.

Did you check out their description page with pics?
https://www.registry.jockeyclub.com/registry.cfm?page=headmark&CFID=4671720&CFTOKEN=14154233

tuppysmom
Dec. 28, 2011, 05:53 PM
U
Generally worded something like this.

Irregular star pointing to L?R?, (whichever), bla bla bla, some colored hairs intermixed, bla bla bla, etc.....

Fancy That
Dec. 28, 2011, 06:21 PM
STAR with DETACHED PARTIAL STRIP

kookicat
Dec. 28, 2011, 06:24 PM
Large roaned star with partial stripe.

Acertainsmile
Dec. 28, 2011, 06:27 PM
Dont forget to mention cowlicks if there are any!

Langfuhr
Dec. 28, 2011, 07:51 PM
I "think" theres only one cowlick to the left??, so here it goes... Cowlick at top of eye level, slightly to left of median; Large, irregular mixed oval Star pointed to left in forehead, becoming narrower to right of head cowlick, widening and ending in slight point at bottom of eye level with a line of white hair Curving to right; mixed detached snip, curved on bridge of nose left of median, open to right.

They will revise it "to their liking". Just provide a clear closeup shot of the head.

retreadeventer
Dec. 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
Round star with roaning on both indented sides, centered between the eyes. Irregular left of center stripe approximately center of nose bone.

ohrebecca
Dec. 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hmmm, I see "ghost balloon" but something tells me they won't take that, either ;)

Right on Target
Dec. 28, 2011, 08:36 PM
And don't forget the neck cowlicks! I put down that our filly had no neck cowlicks, and the JC put down that she had them behind her ears. I thought they had it wrong, but we contacted them and they told us all horses have neck cowlicks.

Who knew? There are cowlicks under her halter. Oops! I didn't even look there!

brightskyfarm
Dec. 28, 2011, 08:59 PM
You are supposed to send pictures along.

DiablosHalo
Dec. 29, 2011, 10:20 AM
Yes - I've done this quite a few times. Just couldn't put her "star" into words. I've never had one with such oddities. Thanks for all the help. I've got it written out now. She actually has 3 cowlicks on her forhead. Two in her "star" and one just above on the left side. First time I've ever seen 3 plus the foretop cowlick. And on her neck.