PDA

View Full Version : Joining Area Programs

SophieGirl23
Dec. 27, 2011, 09:45 AM
So, do you have to joing the area program in the area you reside or can you join the program in the area you compete in/are closer to instead? I technically live in Area 8 but I compete only in Area 2. I live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia and the Area 2 events are closer to me (The closest Area 8 event on the schedule now is 5 hrs away). I've joined the Area 8 program and got absolutley nothing out of it as all the activities were simply to far away. But, when I go to reapply for membership to USEA it only gives me the option of joining Area 8.

wildlifer
Dec. 27, 2011, 11:28 AM
Talk to the Adult Rider coordinator, but I have joined Area III in the past and I live in Area II, so there you go, there is precedent for you.

Duckz
Dec. 27, 2011, 05:42 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you could join an Area without actually living in that Area, which makes sense since I'm pretty sure you can qualify for and compete in Area 2 championships without living in Area 2. Here's a list of contacts: http://www.usea2.net/contact Maybe Janet will see this thread and comment.

scubed
Dec. 27, 2011, 06:09 PM
Do you mean the Adult Riders? talk to the coordinator in your area and in the area you want to join. It should not be an issue. If you do it through the USEA website, it only gives you the option for the area coincident with your mailing address, so you do have to do it a bit the old fashioned way.

SophieGirl23
Dec. 27, 2011, 09:37 PM
Yes, the adult riders.

steves
Dec. 28, 2011, 08:23 AM
If you do not have any luck with USEA office, as area chairman of area 2, you can contact me directly (ssymansky@gmail.com) or if it is just the adult rider program contact the area coordinators for the Adult rider program. I can not imagine this is a problem. I know of cases where a YR has competed for a different area for the NAJYRC even though they did not live there just because their coach was the coach for the different area.

gchildean
Dec. 28, 2011, 01:04 PM
The YR program is a little different. There is a specific USEA protocol when it comes to declaring a different area .