PDA

View Full Version : Because Mr. Flight Check is the Best HusbandintheWorld, for Christmas he gave me

FlightCheck
Dec. 26, 2011, 08:57 AM
weekly lessons with Lesley Grant-Law

Last year I took as many as I could with her from Jan-March, before my season kicked into gear. But it was a struggle, because that is my slow time of year announcing-wise.

So this year the wonderful DH (one of those rare men who Really Listen) gave me what I wanted most- a cute little card with a rhyme telling me to book those lessons!

FLeckenAwesome
Dec. 26, 2011, 09:30 AM
Awwww!!! That's an AWESOME gift!!! Good job Mr. FC :)

thathorse
Dec. 26, 2011, 09:34 AM
Whooot! High five Mr. Flightcheck!

flutie1
Dec. 26, 2011, 10:16 AM
Yay Ed! He's the best. FPM wont be so thrilled though!

Debbie
Dec. 26, 2011, 10:37 AM
Could Mr. FC counsel my husband? That's awesomely perfect.

CBudFrggy
Dec. 26, 2011, 07:42 PM
We exchanged ... our individual purchases! Therefore, he gave me a new saddle and I gave him a security camera system. But in addition, he bought me boot socks, tack sponges and treats for Froggy. A winner!

fooler
Dec. 26, 2011, 08:29 PM
Mr. Flight Check is major league wonderful!

gold2012
Dec. 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
Awesome, i love her! She is a great instructor, and breaks it into easy to do and understand segments!

Langfuhr
Dec. 26, 2011, 10:58 PM
Wow! Im so jealous!!

scubed
Dec. 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
Go Mr. FC. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

asterix
Dec. 27, 2011, 06:42 PM
For our anniversary this year, mr. asterix gave me a picture of a ratty mitten....
it was not a good mitten, not at all...
it was in fact...
a bad mitten.
The man had planned a trip to Badminton, 2012.

God bless them, when they get it, they really get it. :D

FlightCheck
Dec. 27, 2011, 07:04 PM
Asterix, that is perfect!

One year i got 3 blocks of wood with the word "board" on them.

Translation?

3 month's board at Rocking Horse during the winter season!

Tuesday's Child
Dec. 27, 2011, 07:10 PM
Those are some awesome gifts, and fantastic hubbies! (Love the "bad mitten" idea!!)

ACMEeventing
Dec. 27, 2011, 07:22 PM
For our anniversary this year, mr. asterix gave me a picture of a ratty mitten....
it was not a good mitten, not at all...
it was in fact...
a bad mitten.
The man had planned a trip to Badminton, 2012.

God bless them, when they get it, they really get it. :D

A+ for creativity :)

Awesome gift Flightcheck. It's great to have SO's who "get it". Mr ACME realizes that he will never understand why I get ecstatic over a really nice 'forward downward' transition, but he's okay with that.

And he's okay with me toddling off to Rolex without him and the teens knowing I'll drink too much Kentucky Ale, spend too much money, and talk too much about all the amazing rides I saw when I get home.

Ahhh, life is good . . .

gold2012
Dec. 27, 2011, 07:25 PM
Wow.....what really cool husbands! Can I say jealous? Honestly, wow, that is so cool! In my next life, i want a husband who loves me!

BBowen
Dec. 27, 2011, 08:17 PM
So jealous!!!!! She was here with with Leslie and taught some private lessons. Really liked her and was hoping I might have an opportunity at some point. Yep, Ed is a keeper. He is so creative. Terry isn't very creative, but he is a keeper too. Hope to see you both this year!!!!

WW_Queen
Dec. 27, 2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah Mr. WW (he wouldn't be impressed if I threw "queen" in there lol) did good this year too. He covered the OTTB i impulsively bought (who is turning out better and better every day) and is going to pay my board on both my new guy and my sweet "newly retired" heart horse for the year.

He can certainly be a big d!ck sometimes.....but yeah, he listens. Even if he doesn't get the horse thing, he knows it makes me happy so he deals. :D What a great hubby.

Three cheers to the partners and spouses who support us, no matter how big or small.

froglander
Dec. 28, 2011, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to throw another one in there, mine gave me a new saddle for Christmas :) Well, will be a new saddle once we can make arrangements with a saddle-fitter to try some saddles out. Love that he encourages me to go to the barn cuz he knows it makes me happy :)

wabadou
Dec. 30, 2011, 08:24 PM
What an amazing hubby!!!

baxtersmom
Jan. 1, 2012, 08:22 PM
Do any of these amazing hubbies have amazing single brothers? ;)

jen-s
Jan. 1, 2012, 10:29 PM
Do any of these amazing hubbies have amazing single brothers? ;)

Yes please!

Kairoshorses
Jan. 2, 2012, 01:27 AM
Bravo!

My SO doesn't quite get it, so I just get these things for myself when I can. ;)

Eventcrazy
Jan. 3, 2012, 10:37 AM
Gota love those good hubby moments!!!!

Firefox
Jan. 3, 2012, 09:15 PM
Mine gave me a brand new gator!! We built a shed for the old one and then it was to be off being "repaired" and walked into the barn Xmas morning and there it was :) what a guy!

CookiePony
Jan. 4, 2012, 08:43 AM
My OH is getting me a snazzy new wheelbarrow! *swoon*