PDA

View Full Version : Helmet bag?

ctab
Dec. 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
So my very wonderful client gave me a very generous gift certificate to Horseloverz for Christmas. :D

Among other things, I was looking at helmet bags.
http://www.horseloverz.com/search.php?si=&ss=helmet+bag

What are your thoughts on those cute Equine Couture Hat Bags?
Are the water resistant or cotton? I can't seem to find out info on other websites. Pretty is as pretty does but I need one that can handle a little dirt, being left on the side of the ring and isn't going to rip when it touches the first splinter on the fence.

What do you think is a good brand to tote around your helmet, gloves, maybe half chaps from barb to barn?

Thanks!

Voldemare
Dec. 24, 2011, 01:42 PM
I like the look of the Kensington one- definitely more sturdy. Avoid the Centaur ones - the fabric is quite thin. Equine Couture is cute, but I don't think they're waterproof. It's a woven cotton, can't remember if the bag is lined with anything. Washable, though, so if it gets too grubby you can toss it in the machine.

ThirdCharm
Dec. 25, 2011, 12:03 AM
How about those leather helmet totes... Note sure but I think they are Ovation? Seem pretty stout!

lucyeq
Dec. 25, 2011, 12:06 AM
I have a Roma helmet bag that I love! I even have the matching boot and garment bags.

Simbalism
Dec. 26, 2011, 12:30 AM
I purchased one of the Equine Couture bags for a friend for Christmas. They are a heavy woven cotton, light padding, and lined with a felt type material, definitely not waterproof, but really cute. The colors are much brighter than the computer picture.

tGievent
Dec. 27, 2011, 09:08 PM
Ariat Helmet bag- I've had mine a couple years and it still looks brand new. It also has seperate outside pockets for stuff like gloves, jewelry, spurs, watches ect..

Jo
Dec. 29, 2011, 11:39 AM
I second the suggestion of the Ariat helmet bags. The outer seems tougher than others, with more padding. Mine gets tossed around quite a bit and has held up fabulously.

ZackAttack
Dec. 29, 2011, 01:25 PM
Love, love love, my Ariat helmet bag and garment bag.