PDA

View Full Version : 6 week post c-section...

archieflies
Dec. 23, 2011, 01:35 PM
and I get to ride today!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby is off work early to watch the baby, and my trainer had a lesson horse waiting for a nice, slow trail ride! The best part: my breeches fit!!!!! Merry Christmas!!

ACMEeventing
Dec. 23, 2011, 03:12 PM
and I get to ride today!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby is off work early to watch the baby, and my trainer had a lesson horse waiting for a nice, slow trail ride! The best part: my breeches fit!!!!! Merry Christmas!!

Your breeches fit? Overachiever. :lol:

Congrats! Always good to back in the saddle.

Cheval Gris
Dec. 23, 2011, 03:59 PM
Its such a great feeling! I got back on at 6 weeks, and while my zip up breeches didn't quite fit, I could wear my stretchy spandex! And posting came reeeaaalllly slow! But I am now 20 weeks out and took my horse to his first event a month ago. Didn't take long to get back and I was on bedrest up until my section. Enjoy!! Merry Christmas!

FlashGordon
Dec. 23, 2011, 04:02 PM
You're my hero!!! It took me a full year to get back in the saddle.

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!!! :)

archieflies
Dec. 23, 2011, 06:08 PM
So I'm back and it was amazing! We even trotted and cantered with no problem. I so wanted to jump, but the arena was being used. Maybe next week!

Eventcrazy
Dec. 24, 2011, 07:41 AM
That is awesome!!! You have just given me such hope!!! I'm 4 1/2 months along as still riding but not jumping. Was looking at the show calendar wondering when I could get back out there after the baby!

Congrats!!!!

Bogie
Dec. 24, 2011, 08:21 AM
Good for you! That first ride back is great.

My OB told me I could ride after 4 weeks. I did but I couldn't do much more than walk. My abdominal muscles were way too sore still.

And I'm pretty sure my breeches didn't fit!

jenarby
Dec. 25, 2011, 02:45 PM
Congrats! I took my first ride last week at 5 weeks out. I had not ridden since May. I only walked but got to work on using my leg and teaching my newly retired OTTB how to move off of it. My seat bones hurt....pelvic floor/groin is sore. I guess that happens when you have a big baby! My horse was a star and I can not wait to ride more. This is baby number 2 for me and we are finding it hard to get horse time for me with hubby taking care of farm duties. Good luck in your adventures!