PDA

View Full Version : Best Hotel In Aiken?

Dec. 19, 2011, 10:07 AM
All my searches to find a short term rental in Aiken have fallen flat, so I'm trying to find a decent hotel room that won't break the bank.

One with a kitchenette would be ideal.

Pet Friendly would be awesome.

Any thoughts?

I've already been warned to stay away from Hotel Aiken.

mroades
Dec. 19, 2011, 11:25 AM
There really isnt one....unfortunately. Pet friendly and affordable is the Quality Inn..and it is SCARY

gahawkeye
Dec. 19, 2011, 02:36 PM
I have stayed at the Houndslake Guest House before. Nice comfortable room for $95-120/nite. They have a couple rooms that take pets. Rooms have fridge/MW and they have a nice self-serve breakfast (and afternoon cookies!). Rooms include Houndslake Membership amenities including the golf course for members in your group that might appreciate a 'non-horse' activity.

http://www.houndslakeguesthouse.com

PineTreeFarm
Dec. 19, 2011, 02:52 PM
I'm relocating to Aiken, just waiting for my house in NY to sell and my then my new house to be built.
But I go there twice a year for about a month each time. Usually in conjunction with PSJ shows at Highfields or the Aiken Horse Show in April.

I've stayed at the Clarion when it was the Holiday Inn Express, the Quality Inn on Richland and the Sleep Inn. All are pretty much the same and are convenient to a lot of activities and fast food type places.
Quality Inn gave me a discount for the horse show so they were the least expensive. The room was OK both times and it's not like I was actually in it much other than to sleep.

The other options are pretty expensive although very nice but if you're going to be there for a while they get expensive fast.
Unlike many, I actually like the Hotel Aiken. But it can be very noisy.

Another option is to rent a house. If you are going to be there for a month or more it can be a reasonable alternative, espcially if you have a roomate. Carolina Horse Properties can probably help you with rentals.

Keep in mind that of you are there during the Masters rooms can be hard to find and a lot more expensive. Augusta is very close and I hadn't realized that there would be an overflow into Aiken so a bit of a surprise.

scubed
Dec. 19, 2011, 05:29 PM
Carriage in downtown is lovely and has kitchens, but a bit pricey. Country Inn and Suites nice and reasonable with kitchenettes. Sleep Inn clean and well priced, not positive about kitchenettes. Search as there are several threads on this recently with links to some different places

Dec. 20, 2011, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the advice!

I actually just lucked into a short term rental that was affordable when we split it between a few of us traveling down from MD.