PDA

View Full Version : CAF Event Camp

LAZ
Dec. 18, 2011, 10:32 PM
I'm letting anyone who is interested in coming to my event camp (at Come Again Farm, Sheridan, IN) July 9-12th, 2012 that I have emailed entry forms. If you want one and didn't get it, PM me your email addy & I'll get one out to you. Instructors are: Peter Atkins, Dorothy Crowell, Leslie Law and a couple of GP dressage trainers. Not only do we have great instructors, we also have the best caterer in the horse show world. :D

petit fromage
Jan. 2, 2012, 12:46 PM
LAZ,
Now that it is officially opening day for the CAF event camp, how many entries do you already have? I know mine is in your hands!

LAZ
Jan. 2, 2012, 01:16 PM
Ten today--all hand delivered as I didn't realize the 2nd was a national mail holiday. I've gotten a number of panic'd emails saying "I can't get mine in the mail today, there is no mail service!". I told them I was pretty sure that was the case across the country & I'd still get theirs in a timely fashion. :D

It's 22 with a wind chill of 9 today, it's hard to fathom event camp in July on a day like this...

LAZ
Jan. 2, 2012, 03:46 PM
Make that 16 so far....

tle
Jan. 2, 2012, 05:04 PM
Wow, that's fantastic!! Hope you have a wonderful turnout. I weighed all my options and decided the timing isn't quite right to put down that amount of money not having a fathom of who I'd end up riding (my own VERY green horse that I could purchase between now and then, or a school horse from a friend's barn). Maybe one day I'll make it. :)

petit fromage
Jan. 2, 2012, 05:08 PM
That means at least 15 other people are daydreaming about summer like I am.

Wee Dee Trrr
Jan. 2, 2012, 05:24 PM
We drove an hour to hand deliver 3 entries.... and I don't even get to go. :(

annikak
Jan. 2, 2012, 11:27 PM
Ugh. I have 2in the mail to you. So, how many can you accept??

LAZ
Jan. 2, 2012, 11:34 PM
I have 4 rings/xc or gallops going at once the 1st two days, then 3 the 3rd & 4th days. I took 45 last year meant we ran from 8-5 or so M-W and 8-2 TH (I've added a 3rd instructor for Thursday so we can finish up earlier this year).

Chouteau
Jan. 3, 2012, 10:28 AM
I put mine in the mail yesterday - @ the closed post office, but figured if mine was closed, they all were (hand delivering wasn't really an option:)