PDA

View Full Version : Back on Track blanket sizing

KateDB
Dec. 18, 2011, 10:09 PM
Anyone have any experience with or advice to offer in determining Back on Track blanket sizes? Are they true to the stated sizes? or big/small? Can it vary depending WHICH blanket type?
Thanks

yellowbritches
Dec. 18, 2011, 10:59 PM
They run true to size to small and/or they shrink a little. I acquired the BoT in the Great Separation of Things recently. Toby is a very small 75in, and the BoT is a 78, and he wears it just fine. That being said, it fit the 78s it was bought for (Dunny, Ruby) just fine when it was bought. I wouldn't say it has shrunk tremendously and I would not hesitate to throw it on, say, Ruby, now, but his butt might hang out a bit now!

I have the stable sheet. I haven't looked at the TOTD sale, so I don't know what they are offering. It's a nice weight, versatile. And I like that I can throw it on him when he's wet, and he will dry off pretty quickly in it...yet it doesn't get soaked.

ake987
Dec. 19, 2011, 01:16 AM
YB, how did it shrink??

I agree with the true to size/small. My guy is usually an 81, and this fits him well. I have the stable blanket, not fleece or mesh. It's two layers of fabric, so there's really not much weight to it.

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 19, 2011, 12:36 PM
interesting....I have the mesh and would say that runs big and stretches out as they wear it.

bugsynskeeter
Dec. 19, 2011, 12:57 PM
I have the mesh sheet in a size 75 and its too small on my size 76 mare...so alas its for sale.

ETA - she's a big butted QH mare, so not sure how it will fit a horse with a smaller butt.

Xpression
Dec. 19, 2011, 01:28 PM
interesting....I have the mesh and would say that runs big and stretches out as they wear it.

Agreed. My horse wears an 81 in Rambo, but I have a size 81 mesh sheet and it's a little large for him. Not unwearable, but large none the less.

joiedevie99
Dec. 19, 2011, 01:34 PM
I have two of the mesh sheet, and I agree that it runs a bit big. My 15.3h, narrow but long TB is in the 78" which is the same as all her other blankets.

My 16h Dutch WB gelding who is of average width is also in a 78". His other blankets are size 80" (Weatherbeeta) or 81" (Amigo and Rambo). I originally bought him an 81" but it stretched around the neck and put pressure on top of his withers. The 78" keeps the front in front of his withers, while still working length wise.

fatappy
Dec. 19, 2011, 01:43 PM
I have the mesh sheet and the stable blanket. The mesh sheet was entirely too large for the 79" horse. I bought the 80" and had to return it for the 78". I got the 78" in the stable blanket and it fits my 79" horse perfectly. It also fits my 78" horse who has a wider chest and butt then my 79" horse.

midnightride
Dec. 19, 2011, 10:28 PM
I got the 75 Stable thinking it would be to small for my 78ish horse but it was all store had.... anyway fit her great and is big on my 75/76 type horses.

side note- it does seem to be helping current filly.... first of 3 that I think it has made a differance on.