PDA

View Full Version : Amerigo Vega Saddle Feedback?

Broadreach
Dec. 18, 2011, 10:08 AM
I recently rode in a Vega and loved the balance and comfort. However I have a very long leg (36" inseam) and need a long flap so as not to catch the flap in the top of my boot. Does anyone have any experience with Vega's, customizing them, how they last, etc? If I spend money on a used Vega and then customize the flap I'm in pretty deep...

hightide
Dec. 18, 2011, 11:04 AM
On a Vega or the actual Amerigo? I didn't know you could customize the flap, do you mean like get a 17" long flap?
I fell in LOVE with a Vega over the summer. Like holy crap, never ridden in a saddle I loved so much. LOVELOVELOVE. But the 17" was just perfect for my leg and my seat, but I'm growing, so it likely won't be in a couple of months. They don't make a half size, so the 18" was fine for my leg, way too big in the seat.

I ended up buying a brand new Amerigo from a friend who never used it in an 18" with an extra long flap, which fit a lot better. The seat was much flatter so the seat being huge (I fit a 16" seat, but my legs are veryy long) didn't matter at all.

But I do love Amerigos dearly. Mine is extremely durable, and a friend with a Vega has one that is just as durable. :)

piaffeprincess98
Dec. 18, 2011, 01:16 PM
I tried one in the same seat size as my Albion Kontact and my dressage saddle (18"), and it was way too small. Could be that my Albion has a more forward flap, but I would have needed a good two sizes up in the Vega.

RunForIt
Dec. 18, 2011, 01:48 PM
I tried one in the same seat size as my Albion Kontact and my dressage saddle (18"), and it was way too small. Could be that my Albion has a more forward flap, but I would have needed a good two sizes up in the Vega.

I think maybe Amerigos run small (seat sizing)...the one I had was a 17" and with me at 100 lbs, small boned, it felt SMALL! Lovely saddles though and the horses generally appreciate you getting them one! :D :cool:

purplnurpl
Dec. 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
the jumping saddle or the dressage saddle?

I'm long like you and am confused because I don't have issues with boots on jumping saddles but I do in dressage saddles.

please clarify. : )

The dressage saddle can be ordered with a long flap. They also addd 1cm forward to the flap.

I fit in the stock dresage saddle as long as my boots are custom fit. I have more issues with stock sized 1/2 chaps catching on flaps.

Ride4Life
Dec. 21, 2011, 06:04 PM
I have the Vega Monoflap jump saddle and I LOVE it! It was the only thing I found other than a CWD that fit the difficult to fit mare. It seems to fit most horses that I put it on very well and is nicely balanced for me.

I thought the seat ran pretty true to size, mine is a 17", MW tree. The calfskin leather on the monoflap does seem a little less durable than my prestige dressage saddle but it is still fairly good quality. I can't speak to your long flap question though, sorry.

My saddle: http://www.adamshorsesupply.com/browse.cfm/vega-monoflap-jump-saddle-by-amerigo/4,8331.html

lecoeurtriste
Dec. 21, 2011, 08:57 PM
I, too, have a 36" inseam, and have both Vega dressage and monoflap jumping saddles. They are both semi-custom 18.5 extra long/extra wide with the short panels (perfect for my draftX's huge shoulders). They're both 4yrs old, and doing great. I especially love that they're wool-flocked and can be touched up by the saddler when needed.

kt-rose
Dec. 21, 2011, 10:25 PM
Bought an Amerigo Vega Dressage saddle new. Fit both me and the horse beautifully. Horse loved it, I hated it. Slick seat never broke in to where I felt I was riding the horse. Sold it on eBay and replaced it with a Stubben Genesis both the horse and I love.

bigbaytb
Dec. 22, 2011, 09:46 AM
I have the Vega monoflap jump saddle. xw 18" with a slightly more forward flap (special order 2 years ago, but Amerigo said it was the same price as off the rack, took 4 weeks to get it in hand). I have a 34" inseam, but very long thighs. I'm able to really shorten my stirrups if I want to and still can keep my rump in the saddle. Saddle is very comfortable at various stirrup lengths. The seat seemed slick at first, but I use it for both eventing and foxhunting. Saddle is very comfortable, fits my horse very well. Slick feeling had gone away after a few months of use.

Langfuhr
Dec. 26, 2011, 11:04 PM
I love the saddle fit, hate the vinyl-y leather. Just like the newer prestige, it doesnt break in, it breaks down...