PDA

View Full Version : RIP Smartie

gold2012
Dec. 13, 2011, 10:52 PM
I feel so bad for this poor young lady! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please don't give up, I am so sorry this has happened to you! We are all praying for you! Hugs and jingles!!M:cry:

doritocoolerranch24
Dec. 13, 2011, 10:55 PM
I just read this on EN. My heart was broken....so sad. He had an amazing future ahead of him and was a FANTASTIC horse. She had just given EN an update yesterday about him too....

JER
Dec. 13, 2011, 11:01 PM
Things like this shouldn't happen. The universe has some serious explaining to do.

My heart goes out to Lisa Marie.

Polydor
Dec. 13, 2011, 11:05 PM
aw no so sad to hear that specially after the last EN blog she sent in.

Massive hugs to her and everyone associated with him.

Godspeed Smartie.

P.

SuZQuzie
Dec. 13, 2011, 11:12 PM
That is just not fair.

Rest in peace Smartie and my thoughts go out to Lisa and the entire team that backed both her and Smartie.

Beam Me Up
Dec. 13, 2011, 11:59 PM
How awful! Everyone's nightmare. So, so sorry to hear.

PuraVidaEventing
Dec. 14, 2011, 12:05 AM
RIP :(
My heart broke when I heard...Couldn't believe it for a minute :( I saw him go at Galway, he was an unbelievably talented horse. It's just not fair sometimes :(
Deepest condolences to Lisa and her team.

Dec. 14, 2011, 05:56 AM
So incredibly sad.

Leprechaun
Dec. 14, 2011, 06:42 AM
This is just awful!!! RIP Smartie and jingles to all! Hang in there Lisa!

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 14, 2011, 07:07 AM
just tragic. I'm so sorry for her and all his connections. I also hope the driver of the car is ok too. What a nightmare.

IFG
Dec. 14, 2011, 07:46 AM
I could not believe it when I saw this. So tragic, especially after her other horse.

riderboy
Dec. 14, 2011, 07:59 AM
Very sad.

frugalannie
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:03 AM
Deepest condolences to Lisa Marie and all of Smartie's connections. She is not alone in grieving over this tragic loss. Her bond with Smartie was a joy for all of us to see. But somewhere there is another horse just waiting to become her partner and be nurtured by her great talent.

Lisa Cook
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:03 AM
Oh my gosh, I thoroughly enjoyed her blog about him just yesterday! He sounds like he was a wonderful horse. Condolences to Lisa on her loss.

VicariousRider
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:15 AM
Deepest condolences to Lisa Marie and all of Smartie's connections. She is not alone in grieving over this tragic loss. Her bond with Smartie was a joy for all of us to see. But somewhere there is another horse just waiting to become her partner and be nurtured by her great talent.

I can't say it better than this.

ACMEeventing
Dec. 14, 2011, 09:18 AM
So very sad. What a loss.

Kairoshorses
Dec. 14, 2011, 09:45 AM
My heart goes out to Lisa Marie and everyone who loved this horse.

Eventcrazy
Dec. 14, 2011, 09:52 AM
Just heartbreaking! My heart goes out to Lisa and family.

fooler
Dec. 14, 2011, 10:09 AM
Condolences to all involved with Smartie.

wolfmare
Dec. 14, 2011, 10:09 AM

I hope that the day the pain eases, and she can reflect, again, how when one door closes another opens...comes very quickly for her. The pain must be unbearable today though. My prayers are with her.

flutie1
Dec. 14, 2011, 10:35 AM
R.I.P. Smartie. What a heartbreaking loss.

leahandpie
Dec. 14, 2011, 11:37 AM
What a terrible, terrible loss... and such a tragic story :( :(

kw
Dec. 14, 2011, 02:09 PM
So tragic...I board around the corner and my friend boards at the barn it happened at/in front of. I can't even imagine the heartache. It was so upsetting last night coming upon the scene of the horse standing at the end of the drive and realizing it had been hit by a truck, and finding out the horse didn't make it a while later...I didn't realize until today what a promising horse/team this was (although it wouldn't have mattered if it was a backyard pet or a top show horse, it's still heartbreaking). Very very sad. :(

FLeventer
Dec. 14, 2011, 02:20 PM
What a loss. Keeping them both in my thoughts and hoping she will find another talent soon.

wildlifer
Dec. 14, 2011, 03:18 PM
How horrible and how terribly unfair to be smacked down by tragedy TWICE in a row. My heart goes out to Lisa and her circle.

Fred
Dec. 14, 2011, 05:50 PM
I am so very sad and sorry for Lisa and for all who loved this wonderful horse.
My heartfelt sympathy and condolences.

Auburn
Dec. 14, 2011, 06:08 PM
This is so very sad. :sadsmile::sadsmile::sadsmile: I pray that everyone who loved him will take good care of themselves. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

notsureyet
Dec. 14, 2011, 09:28 PM
I hope we'll have a donation fund up and running to try to help Lisa and Mike with some of the expenses, if anyone is interested in kicking in...