PDA

View Full Version : Champange breeches??

HappyHoppingHaffy
Dec. 13, 2011, 08:41 PM
I just purchased myself the FITS champange waffle stock tie and shirt only to find out the color has been discontinued. I'm trying to find the breeches to match, but no luck. :( anyone know who might have a pair in a 28 or 30r, or something close that will match?
What do you think about brown dress boots, navy coat/helmet and champange breeches / shirt for dressage/sj? I'm thinking about asking mr. Hhh for the brown dress boots from Dogwood, but want opinions on how this might look. My tack is brown and I have a palomino.
Thanks!!

quietann
Dec. 13, 2011, 09:25 PM
On a palomino, that would be lovely. Says the owner of another palomino, a deep gold one, currently working on pulling together a good show outfit along the same lines... We have the brown saddle and a cream saddle pad, very dark navy jacket, and the rest will come.

Cream or champagne breeches are tough to find! I think Pikeur makes some, as does Tropical Rider.

ZackAttack
Dec. 13, 2011, 09:27 PM
I think the navy/champagne combo of your shirt/stock/jacket/helmet/breeches will look nice, however I'm not a fan of the idea of brown boots. For dressage I definitely prefer the look of the black. Overall I truly prefer, black jacket, white shirt/stock and then white or tan breeches, however I think the navy/champagne will be fine.

ETA: I just realized you were on a palomino! In that case, I think the navy/champagne will look really nice! I'm still not a fan of the brown boots though.

cindywilson
Dec. 13, 2011, 09:51 PM
Some years ago, I got Kentucky champagne breeches for dressage. And they did look nice. Even on a bay.

kcrubin
Dec. 13, 2011, 09:55 PM
ebay for fits champagne colored - new!

yellowbritches
Dec. 13, 2011, 10:01 PM
Check out Dressage Extensions website. They usually have interesting show legal colors.

I, too, am not a fan of the brown boots. The rest, however, love.

Hilary
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:22 AM
Brown boots really only go with a tweed jacket. For show jumping or schooling shows (my opinion). But then they are fantastic.

GreyDes
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:27 AM
Action Rider Tack has them on clearance, but only XL is left.

http://www.actionridertack.com/p-1341-fits-performax-all-season-zip-front-full-seat-champagne-breech-sale.aspx

I'm normally a 32 in breeches, and wear the FITS L pull on, but the XL zip style.

quietann
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:42 AM
So WHY did FITS discontinue the champagne breeches? grumble...

Guyot
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:50 AM
I did the FITS champagne with brown jacket tho with black boots, loved the look!

I've been frustrated with FITS for two years since they discontinued the champagne breech... don't get why they stopped making it in the breech but not the shirt/stock... need a new pair of breech because I rode in the pouring rain in mine and have a bit of stain from the saddle and my belt where it bleed, so would like a new pair!

Lets take up a petition and make FITS make them again!! :yes:

Fancy That
Dec. 14, 2011, 08:50 AM
I love brown tack in dressage (I know I know, very unconventional) and I think it will look BRILLIANT on your palomino. (with your brown boots)

Sounds lovely and DO post pics when you get your ensemble together :)

HappyHoppingHaffy
Dec. 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for all the replies, guys!

I suppose I could put the coat/helmet/breeches/stock, etc together and try it with the brown boots that I already have (that don't fit me well...ebay buy) that I use for cubbing and see how that looks?? I'm a huge fan of brown, but I don't know that I really want to stand out more on my palomino with a Mohawk! :eek: Definitely good to have everyone's opinion. Don't want to seem to cas. in the dressage ring.

Wasn't there an upper level dressage rider who rode in very dark brown boots in her brown tack?

I am in full support of petitioning FITS to sell the champagne breeches again! I think they look lovely! Why did they stop such a good thing??

rebeginner
Dec. 14, 2011, 02:47 PM
I don't think they call them champagne--perhaps cream? Anyway, they're gorgeous. And Tropical Rider is so easy to deal with, and have excellent quality stuff.

I think your ensemble sounds great. I'm a fan of brown tack, even though I have a mish mash of mostly black, currently.

bigbaytb
Dec. 14, 2011, 03:46 PM
Per the rules, brown boots are allowed:

DRESSAGE TEST.
a. Horse Trials (Beginner Novice through Preliminary)—protective headgear—predominantly
black or dark blue;
Coat—dark color or tweed, tail coats are not permitted;
Shirt—white or light color, with stock and pin, or choker, or tie; Gloves (if worn)—dark color, tan, beige or white; Jodhpurs, Britches—light color or white; Boots—black, brown,
field, jodhpur or a black or brown full grain smooth leather leg piece and matching leather boots.

So everything you want is legal, so go for it!

I like the cream/champagne look as white can be a PITA.

I ride a bay, but my favorite competition outfit is a dark blue pinstripe coat, cream stock and breeches, black boots and helmet.

Muffin
Dec. 14, 2011, 04:04 PM
Caviar dreams!

I'm not helping, I realize, but I can't be the only one who read "champange breeches" and immediately thought "caviar dreams". :)

Zephyr
Dec. 14, 2011, 05:15 PM
I scribed for a judge at a dressage show who remarked MULTIPLE times at how good one particular rider's turnout looked -- she was on a Haflinger with a creme (champagne?) pad, breeches & gloves and navy jacket. I think her boots/tack were black though? But it was the only rider whose turnout she made a comment on all day!

HappyHoppingHaffy
Dec. 14, 2011, 05:30 PM
You guys are so good! This is so much fun!

Okay, so if I do go for the brown dress boot look, I should go with some brown gloves to match, no? Or should I try for a cream/champagne glove?

My turn to enable, I think this look would be fantastic on any color not just palomino!

Here's what we looked like two seasons ago (still had the black dressage saddle, now just have a brown a/p):
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1187265036309&l=97fcf3d61f

Boring!!

mugsgame
Dec. 14, 2011, 05:44 PM
I love cream breeches would never wear white as so unflattering. Pikeur do them if need be.

I also love brown boots but they should never be worn with blue jacket and only tweed. In the UK they are the one thing that everyone wants. Look at photos of WFP or Sarah Coen as they have some very smart brown boots with tweed.

http://www.burghley-horse.co.uk/images/newsimages/06YEH5YO_lrg.jpg

On a show horse
http://www.baileyshorsefeeds.co.uk/library/rev1/images/main/210.jpg

Kairoshorses
Dec. 14, 2011, 09:45 PM
Not to hijack; I LOVE the champagne breeches/shirts. BUT...

Where do you find a champagne saddle pad??

scubed
Dec. 14, 2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.adamshorsesupply.com/browse.cfm/toklat-classics-iii-euro-dressage-saddle-pad-2-or-3-color/4,7877.html

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297522

scubed
Dec. 14, 2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-229883.html

atheventer85
Dec. 15, 2011, 10:40 AM
Champagne (and canary!) breeches are gorgeous. Any color horse, but you MUST wear navy coat/ hat, and cream gloves. This look is timeless!

HappyHoppingHaffy
Dec. 15, 2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks, Scubed. I had seen that old thread when I was googling.
I was specifically looking for the FITS champagne breeches. I was worried about the champagne color matching if I went with another brand, but sounds as if that's the route I'm going to have to take.

Oh, FITS are you listening?? :cool:

llevent
Dec. 15, 2011, 01:05 PM
I scribed for a judge at a dressage show who remarked MULTIPLE times at how good one particular rider's turnout looked -- she was on a Haflinger with a creme (champagne?) pad, breeches & gloves and navy jacket. I think her boots/tack were black though? But it was the only rider whose turnout she made a comment on all day!

It drives me nuts when people wear cream and white at the same time! (i.e. cream everything and a white pad.) No, it doesn't work. All or none.

pharmgirl
Dec. 17, 2011, 10:45 AM
OP- check your email, or clean out your PM box so I can send a reply (it said your PM box was full) :).