PDA

View Full Version : one more video: eventing season 2011

Lisa Cook
Dec. 11, 2011, 11:16 AM
Now that I've discovered Windows Movie Maker, it has created a monster. :lol:

I take a lot of pictures during the year, and am happy to find a way to do something with them, other than post to facebook. :)

This is a recap of my son's eventing season this year. It was a short season with this horse...we picked up a lease on Beeper July 12th. They took a month to get to know each other and then did their first schooling event of the season Aug 17th, and then went on to compete in 4 USEA events. Beeper had never competed in a recognized event before we leased him.

I feel like I need to add a disclaimer...I'm really not a parent who lives through my children! :lol: I ride & compete also, but since I'm the one with the camera, the only pictures I have of myself are the ones I buy from professionals, so I have to work with the subjects I have for the pictures I take. Don't worry...my next project will involve my filly born this year and that video will be inflicted upon the breeding forum. :lol:

Video:

http://vimeo.com/33482186

Duckz
Dec. 11, 2011, 06:25 PM
What a lovely pair!! And wow - you can sure handle a camera! When my mom takes pictures someone's head always gets cut off :lol:

riderboy
Dec. 12, 2011, 08:40 AM
WOW! I feel like I just saw the next WF-P! Very nice, he looks very much at home in the saddle and having a blast. How refreshing to see an obviously talented young guy out there and with plenty of family support. There are so many talented young women out there sometimes you wonder where all the guys are!

IFG
Dec. 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
Very impressed, both with Andy and your camera skills. Dying to hear about the filly too!

Lisa Cook
Dec. 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks! If you guys only knew how many *bad* pictures I take to get one decent one, well...it's embarrassing, quite frankly. But that is why God made digital cameras (people like me!). But I do love it when I come across a picture that actually came out the way I meant it to!

Thanks for the compliments on Andy. He does have family support, but he works for it, too. He was 14 last summer and spent 6 weeks as a working student at Tamarack, living 2 & 1/2 hours away from home. Oh - and he lived in a *tent*! I'm serious! A tent pitched behind Denny's indoor. He had to fix his own meals, whatever could be eaten cold or microwaved in the tackroom. That tent looked and smelled like a boy's college dorm room at the end of the summer, right down to scores of empties rolling around on the floor (only they were Gatorade empties in Andy's case).

Lani - I bred Suzi Q last year to ArdCeltic Art, and have the most adorable, wonderful filly that was ever born! :lol: Putting together a video of her will be tough because I literally have thousands of pictures of her and I'll be paralyzed by my choices.

Kelty at 5 weeks old (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3255/dsc0110uf.jpg)

ACMEeventing
Dec. 12, 2011, 11:25 AM
That was so much fun to watch, thanks for sharing! And FYI, your son can RIDE. Maybe we have a future Olympian here! :)

I am a complete ignoramus with the computer, I don't Facebook and I have zero success sharing pictures online.

IFG
Dec. 12, 2011, 01:02 PM
Lani - I bred Suzi Q last year to ArdCeltic Art, and have the most adorable, wonderful filly that was ever born! :lol: Putting together a video of her will be tough because I literally have thousands of pictures of her and I'll be paralyzed by my choices.

Kelty at 5 weeks old (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3255/dsc0110uf.jpg)

I remember seeing her at EA when she was gestating. Eager to see how she grows up!

Lisa Cook
Dec. 12, 2011, 01:19 PM
I remember seeing her at EA when she was gestating. Eager to see how she grows up!

LOL...that foal went so many places while gestating: Groton House, Tamarack, the AECs, Equine Affaire, Huntington, GMHA....
she was looking for the start box the moment she hit the ground! :lol:

Keg-A-Bacchus
Dec. 12, 2011, 02:54 PM
Wow! He's a great rider! He looks so calm and effective! I see a future Olympian in the making too! Great video!