PDA

View Full Version : Sharon White Wins Inaugural $30,000 Rebecca Broussard Developing Rider Grant

VicariousRider
Dec. 11, 2011, 09:27 AM
Huge congratulations (http://useventing.com/blog/?p=20206) to Sharon White!

I would love to see a copy of her acceptance speech give the trials and tribulations that she has been through in the recent past (severe injuries, horse withdrawals at inopportune moments, etc.). I'm sure it was as inspirational as described. She is clearly a very committed, hard working and tenacious rider with serious goals.

Bonus: It's nice to see someone who trains with Jimmy get some support from the Eventing community in the wake of the Colleen Rutledge disappointment. While Sharon is certainly not "new blood" in UL eventing, she hasn't really made it onto the "A-List" (figuratively speaking) despite people's great respect for her abilities. I hope that with this funding and some improved luck she can be a real contender for the WEG '14!

faybe
Dec. 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
What a class act! I can't think of a better recipient and can't wait to see what's in store for her. Her perseverance and great attitude have always been inspiring to me and it will be a pleasure to watch what she does with this opportunity. Go Sharon!

NeverTime
Dec. 11, 2011, 10:38 AM
What a class act! I can't think of a better recipient and can't wait to see what's in store for her. Her perseverance and great attitude have always been inspiring to me and it will be a pleasure to watch what she does with this opportunity. Go Sharon!

+1 Happy to hear this.

vineyridge
Dec. 11, 2011, 12:17 PM
I'm really interested in the politics of this. Is it a USEF administered grant or a USEA administered grant?

I think it's GREAT that she was recognized AND gets a big check. One hopes the USEF High Performance people, if they didn't have a hand in the grant process, are listening.

scubed
Dec. 11, 2011, 02:34 PM
Everyone in the place gave here a standing ovation. It was clear how pleased the eventing community was by this choice. If I understand correctly, the grant is administered via the usea endowment trust with a committee (whose names were announced) doing the actual selection

retreadeventer
Dec. 11, 2011, 04:30 PM
Viney, it's a USEA administered grant.

I would love to see a copy/vid of the speech, too.

kcrubin
Dec. 11, 2011, 05:16 PM
also very happy with the choice of Sharon and I would love to hear the speech!

ZEBE
Dec. 11, 2011, 08:37 PM
I too am thrilled for Sharon! Wonder if anyone got her speech on tape.

VicariousRider
Dec. 12, 2011, 07:31 PM
Chronicle Article (http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/sharon-white-receives-inaugural-rebecca-broussard-grant)

atheventer85
Dec. 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
I'm SO thrilled for Sharon. She has been plagued with crap luck the past 7 or 8 years, and things seem to be going her way again! She and Reggie make a super team, and I can't way to see her run around KY!

Wits End Eventing
Dec. 14, 2011, 06:18 AM
Yeah Sharon!!!!
We couldn't be more thrilled with the job she has done with our boy Reggie. She has the best attitude and an amazing ability to stay positive through the wild roller coaster ride that is eventing and life. We look forward to many more years of friendship and partnership. AND we are SO thankful to the Broussards for helping! "A"'s practice (peds) is in rural NC and 80% plus Medicaid so her salary is pretty much nil. This will be a HUGE boost and help for Reg going forward next year.
GO ORANGE!!!